GPS Mapping Disabled while moving is a pain

My wife and I often go cruising together on weekends. We have the GPS Mapping option and we use it a lot. The only problem is that you can't enter a destination if the car is moving. I understand that the driver shouldn't be fooling around with the maps while driving but what about the passenger? Anybody no how to disable the "Disabled" route guidance?

Reply to
Stinger

Other than finding a way to completely reprogram the unit, there is none.

Thank the lawyers and the "juries gone wild' US civil justice system.

Reply to
Vettefan

My Escalade has the same "feature" and for the longest time I thought the GPS unit was defective..lol

Use Onstar...

-Stan

Reply to
sbright