<Group> Need help on headlights \ 2000 vette \ Plz Read

When i turn the lights on,both sides come up,but when i go to close them,the drivers side pops back up,and i have to manually close with the adjuster nob......IS it a motor,or what ?????? ....Any help on this would be appreciated,........

2crows Gatorland USA
Reply to
2crows

Do you hear the motor run after it turns off?

It's probably not the motor since it still opens. There are 3 parts that can go wrong if it's anything like the C4 lights and it probably is. The nylon gear, the nylon bushings or the piece that holds the bushings. My guess is that it's the nylon bushings. Take it apart and replace them with pieces of a steel rod the same diameter and cut to the same height. If it's the part that holds the bushing, it's usually that the cast piece has stripped from the steel rod. I fixed mine by drilling a hole close to the bottom, through the rod and then inserted a roll pin. I went through the thick section. If it's the gear, I replaced mine with the brass replacements from Ecklers. Everything's still running fine and it's stronger than ever before.

Hope this helps. BTW: Replacement motors from the dealer for a C4 runs $400, not including labor and they don't sell individual pieces to fix them.

Reply to
Charlie

2crows

Reply to
L DaVinci

Thanks for this ..... That explains it all .......I.m printing this entire article,and take it to the service manager here ,because he informed me that there was not a bulletin on head lamps ,and if there was...He would fix it for nothing........Let's see if he eat's his words.......If not i will do it my self...Thanks a million for thre info.....

Will

2crows Gatorland USA
Reply to
2crows