Hard shifting into 3rd a problem with C5, others?

I tried hard shifting a C5 ('99) 6-speed manual under full acceleration into 3rd gear a few times. I always had a difficult time. It was frustrating.
I couldn't do it right. Are there others who can say the same about C5. Or is this a common thing more to any Vettes more in general than just the C5. It definitely screwed up the thrill, more than once. I am a right hander to begin with, about 5-9-1/2", fairly strong male. Is this a design flaw? It was as if the gate was only designed to be pushed directly forward, and not a direct shove which naturally comes out straight from your shoulder which would be at an angle to the front to rear vector of the car.
-
bent wrote:

I prefer the feel of the C5 into 3rd to the feel of the ZF in the C4.
Is the centering spring bringing the lever in line with the 3-4 gates?
Clutch OK?
Is CAGS disabled on this car? If not, your around-town experience may be 'poisoning' your feel with a lot of throttle.
--
PJ
'89 auto coupe, '02 6-spd coupe

I should have stated that more or less I am suspicious that this is a definite design flaw- I know, shhh.
-
bent wrote:

And, which parts/drawing numbers seem to be flawed ?
One more time -- I understand the issue was at WOT but, what's the status of CAGS on this car?
--
PJ

its not my problem, just curious

stock
-
Perhaps you should ask Ranger over on Corvette forum. He's probably hit 3rd harder and more often than most drivers.
bent wrote:

which forum?

-
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t 07625&highlight=Ranger