Hatchback

I just acquired my first Corvette. It's an even cooler ride than I'd imagined. I can't wait till it's fully broken in. In the meantime I have to think about mundane stuff like loading my hatchback with
groceries. There's plenty of room, but I wonder how I'll keep the bags stowed so that nothing will spill on the carpet. I did some googling around and there's something called a "cargo grocery bag holder"; but despite the numerous hits, there's not a single picture I could find. Is this the accessory I need? Sorry if it sounds ignorant; I didn't need anything like that in my previous cars.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

On all my everyday cars I use pliable plastic boxes in the trunk... keeps stuff from rolling around. Anything from a cat litter box to a garage storage box (with a separate lid) can be used, just measure to see how much room there is and look for something that'll fit (and large enough to hold your normal grocery purchases), at the local hardware or home improvement store, in a complementary color. Taller sides are probably best for grocery bags. I haven't done this, but if you glue a piece of rug or a furniture leg "comb" at each corner, the box won't slide around, either.

The last 3 I bought had a restraining net in the hatch area for that reason. There has been a hatchback Corvette around since 1982 and if you're "breaking in" one of those it doesn't have a net.

what year is your vette?
--
"Key"
=====

Just go to Harbor Freight and find a "cargo net" of the size you need. I'm not sure, but Wal-Mart, Sears, and other stores may carry cargo nets also.