Header temps ; before and after coating with Jet Hot

Had the 1970 BB Hooker Super Comp. Headers Jet Hot coated at their Mississippi plant ; elected to go with the 1300 f. Sterling Coating . I have a Lazer Thermometer and after a good long run, i measured 532 f. (at idle) right where the Header pipes meet the Cylinder Head , before sending them to Jet Hot. After i got them back and re-installed, took her out for another good run and measured a 'cool' 265 f. (at idle). I honestly didnt think theyd make that much of a difference but it did ; the underhood temp. is drastically lower and they look great too.

Dave

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Really!! Thats some good info. I had to refrain from driving mine most of the summer just because it was so hot outside. Made it almost unbareable in the cabin. That sounds like something i might want to look into

Reply to
Jamie

Well, if you live in Texas or there abouts, then reducing the underhood temps. just might reduce your interior temps also ... at least enough to allow you drive y our car . Theoretically, nearby engine components should last a bit longer too such as the steering gear box which is literally 1/4" from one of my header pipes.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Plus they will scavenge better from retaining all that heat inside each header tube instead of it radiating out and dissipating.

Reply to
Ric Seyler

'Plus they will scavenge better from retaining all that heat inside each header tube instead of it radiating out and dissipating.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Most of the x pipes I've seen are around the x-member area. Right behind it I wouldn't think would make a big difference.

Reply to
Ric Seyler