heat & glue

Hi
I had a couple of scratches fixed at a very reputable body shop and it looks like the glue on the back and even part of the front got hot enough to allow
some separation. Only one spot is really noticable and I'm wondering if I should ask them to fix it.
It looks like the easiest way would be to heat it up again and push it back into place and let cool, i.e. use a 2x4 or something to hold it into place. Any thoughts on any of this?
04 couple, silver/black Thanks, TF
Actually, it looks like the heat deformed the front and rear, as well as did a number on my rubber seals. I need to know what else might have been ruined on this. Should the car even be exxposed to 160 degrees? Baking the parts before assembly is one thing, but now I'm worried the heat might have damaged rubber seals on mechaniocal parts and elsewhere.
Please someone tell me what I should do here.
I'm going to call a body shop out of town I know about that specializes in Corvettes.
Thanks, TF

What are you saying??
Wow

TF wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about. What glue, and on the back of what? Separation of what? Heat WHAT up again?
I'm not getting anyone's posts through my server:
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com May 26, 7:47 am show options
Newsgroups: alt.autos.corvette From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com - Find messages by this author Date: 26 May 2005 04:47:59 -0700 Local: Thurs,May 26 2005 7:47 am Subject: Re: heat & glue Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse
TF wrote: > Hi
> I had a couple of scratches fixed at a very reputable body shop and it looks > like the glue on the back and even part of the front got hot enough to allow > some separation. > Only one spot is really noticable and I'm wondering if I should ask them to > fix it.
> It looks like the easiest way would be to heat it up again and push it back > into place and let cool, i.e. use a 2x4 or something to hold it into place. > Any thoughts on any of this?
I have no idea what you're talking about. What glue, and on the back of what? Separation of what? Heat WHAT up again?
The glue on the back covere, where it's glued to the the quarter panels. I don't think the body shop had anything to do with it, as heat from the sun can do the same. I think there was stress at the joints from the factory and the heat just allowed it to separate.
TF

begin 666 dot_clear.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end
TEST, please ignore. Off net test.
On Net Test, please ignore.