Help - battery discharge and noise, 99 C5

Page 2 of 2
message wrote:

---snip---
agree Steve, they are NOT spam ! links in signatures have always been excepted in every n/g that I have ever been to.
g'day to ya
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,

"Cool Jet", have to go along with Steve on this one. a link that's in a signature is part of the signature. its excepted as such in every n/g that I have ever been to. it doesn't matter that the link points to.
no pun intended
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
'Key wrote:

I appreciate your feedback Key, but there's certainly evidence that others consider it SPAM. Dad for example, who I have a lot of respect for has killfiled Steve. PJ presented strong evidence of same in the string entitled "OT: Is a sig considered spamming". I guess the question has to be asked is why or if Steve would want to alienate other group members by doing something some members find offensive. Time will tell I guess. But either way, I shant rant anymore.

well, I still haven't seen any evidence. its not evidence just because a few (well respected folks) post their opinion the opposite way. also, PJ posted his opinion. it wasn't backed up anything official.
again, no pun intended
--
"Key"
"To the world you may be one person,
This clicking / whining sound is happening with nothing turned on or keys in the ignition?
charles wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Nothing on and no key in the ignition.
Clicking happened when I first attached the charger. Now the whining occurs when the battery is fully connected.
I'm pretty much putting it down to a dead battery at this point. If it doesn't charge overnight I'll pull it out and either bring it to a full strength charger or just replace it.
At first the whining sound got me concerned that some electrical component had blown and that I'd have to find and replace it or have the car flat bedded somewhere.
We'll see tomorrow.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070104030004090708050103 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
My thought was if you are hearing something with nothing turned on or key in it, that is probably what is draining your battery.
charles wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Well after an overnight charge with the battery disconnected with the 1.5 amp charger I've had since grammar school everything is fine.
I think what happened is that I had left the keys on the fob emitter too near the car since it's been parked. I know that in the past it has clicked on and off occasionally, why I had set it not to sound the horn on activation. My theory is that that cycling is what caused the battery drain.
Well I've put the fob in a shielded bag when not in use and I always do try to drive the vette as often as I can.
Thanks to everyone who responded.