Hey Dad

A simple thanks I owe you one Tried to email but it bounced

Reply to
Kickstart

NP, enjoy.

Reply to
Dad

X-no archive: yes

Hi...appreciate the replies...."not worth the time or money" but not a major mod....hmmmm....obviously, I'm not going to put $4K into a $7K car.....but I appreciate your input. If anyone wants to elaborate, please do!

Thanks...paul

Reply to
hudathunk

Many things can go right but then there are a number of things that can go against your change over.

Throw out bearing length differences. Number of teeth in the yoke spline. Incorrect hole in the end of the crank for your pilot bearing. Length of drive shaft. Solid cross member modification, (not sure what a '75 has). Actuator rod differences. Pivot ball stud location in bell housing. Throw out arm length. Proper pedal location, length. Shifter worn out from donor. Console plate expensive or not available. Starter location needs shimmed. Cracked the radiator removing the coolant lines. New gear to correct speedometer, minor. Correct flywheel Correct balance on the flywheel, engine lower combination. And last but not least if I've haven't missed some, that strange vibration, shudder, or chatter that wasn't there before.

All of the above may fall right into place and then again all of them can bite you when you least need it to happen. Each one can add time and dollars plus the frustration that goes along with your Corvette being out of service. If everything goes smooth for a couple of thousand dollars and 2 days you're in your 4 speed Corvette. Then again if they go sour for four or five thousand dollars and 5 weeks you have a car that shutters when you drive it.

As I said before, an easy mod but can also be your worst nightmare.

Reply to
Dad

Dad's too senile to get a post through properly. He derserves no thanks. Anyone can do a Newsgroup search just as easy without tolerating his infintile old fart attitude.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Those who are too cheap to have it done by a professional or have too much time on their hands have plenty of psudoknowledge on their hands.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

I know what ya mean Steve I took some money from my toomuch stash and a group of my too much time on my hands used some "psudoknowledge" read the pretty damn good directions - twice- got my hands dirty called some Pseudo friends for their psudoknowledge got'er done

kick- drivin it - start

Reply to
Kickstart