Hey guys, no start..

How's everyone doing? Well after about 3 months of sitting I charged the battery and it just cranks and cranks and won't start.....
94 Ragtop 6 Speed
Are there any simple tricks to checking for spark/fuel. I can't get to the plugs to hold one against the head, like the old days. (would that even work on aluminum?)
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Ric Seyler wrote:

Bob I wrote:

Aluminum head.... PFFFFT DOH!! <smacks forehead>

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Ric Seyler wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

when you turn the key to the start position, but not to the crank position, you should hear the fuel pump pressurizing the lines.
I think I narrowed it down to no spark. Flipped on the key and heard the fuel pump pressurize the system and with extended cranking I can smell fuel.
Any diagnostic tricks for spark? Geeze I got a sick feeling of OptiSpark..
Ric Seyler wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Ric Seyler wrote:

Hey Bob, see my other post. I think I'm closing in somewhat on it, I think. LOL
Bob I wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler