Hidden Squeaks and Squawks in my '96 vette

Here's a problem I'm having that you some of you may know as well. I can't get rid of a squeak that sounds like a chasis squeak when the car bounces under normal driving conditions. I know its a lube issue because when it rains or is wet out, no squeak. Any ideas? Thanks.

cm

Reply to
Clayton Mallory

This has been true of most cars I've owned. If you are running with a spare tire, lubriplate the forward attachment slots and cinch up the securing bolt. If the fuel tank is held by straps on the '96 try some paraffin on those.

That failing, wait until you turn 70, turn off your hearing aids and have a quiet ride -- works for me.

BTW -- why is this car "bouncing?" Need new shocks?

(:-)

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ