'Hot Dogs' at Car Shows

Went to an all day car show yesterday. About 280 cars entered , all makes, all years, even motorcycles from the 1940's. Was sitting in my chair behind my car, and watched this guy in his 1966 Chevy Malibu back right into the rear of a brand new Mustang Cobra. Looks like he collided fairly hard so immediately a few poeple go running over to make sure the 'Hot Dog' wasnt going to just take off and leave. I went over, and couldnt see any damage...not even one scratch. The rubber sections on the chrome bumper of the Malibu met with the rubber bumper of the Mustang, fortunately. Anyways, they went and found the Mustang owner and he looked things over and signed off on it. Another guy at the car show said he once witnessed a Hot Rod that was leaving a car show showing off and spun his backend real hard....only to catch the bumper of some import car that was parked and ripped the bumper off completely.

Do you have a Car Show Hot Dog story to tell ?

Reply to
dave

Not exactly a car show but a time back I took the AARP defensive driving course..all about safety etc..as we were leaving the class room with the instructor one of the students in a rush backed out of his parking space ..he cut the wheels too early and smashed the door and quarter panel of the instructors car...lots of damage..so much for safe driving...

Reply to
Redbull

The story begs the question: Did he pass?

Reply to
larrybud2002

No not really,...BUT I did see a guy driving a very very nice 61 CORVETTE back into an Impala when he was parking... hey things happen, even at car shows....What bothered me was that he finished parking then really checked his car out and NEVER even looked at the Impala ..and did not say a word to the driver of the Impala...

The Impala did not suffer any damage however ..

I've seen this guy at plenty of Car shows after that and I make damn sure I do not park anywhere close to him... 1. I just would have a hard time shooting any BS with him during the day 2. His car was absolutely perfect and no one wants to park next to a perfect car...

Just ticked my off that he was more concerned about his car then the other car...and It sure did not improve the "Rep" of us Corvette Owners...

Bob G.

64 72 & 98 Ragtops 76 & 79 Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.

'Where was the show Dave? Im in Southern Wisconsin and missed it. Thanks "dave" '

REPLY: It was at Johnsburg High School just north of McHenry , Il. Out in the country . It was their 3rd annual car show. Free. 2006 Harley Davidson Motorcycle raffle, live music with an Elvis impersonator who flew in to do the show, tons of door prizes, vendors, everything from race cars to 4.5 second Dragster to an old bicycle with a small motor hung on the back. Its every Aug. Next year its Aug. 7th. Set up time is 10 a.m. with Judges starting at noon-ish. Trophies given at 5 pm. Show lasted till 7 pm

Dave.

Reply to
dave