Hot start solenoid spring

I remember seeing the part number listed on here for the lighter solenoid spring to fix the hot start problem. Could someone post it? TIA
Paul

The PART NUMBER is 1958679 its an ACDelco spring...
But I think it has been discontinued.... (not sure) I have one in each of my Sharks... and still have one spare...
Bob G. 64 72 & 98 Convertibles 76 & 79 Coupes
Thanks, Bob. BTW, that headlight switch still working on the '64?
Paul
Bob G. wrote:

Ghee I did not notice who wrote the original post.... BUT Thank you again.. . Yes it is....
I did loose my headlights last year one evening... not a big problem once I got home... the dimmer switch on the floor shorted out and I had to replace it... Weird but the dimmer switch sold for under 20 bucks...compared to 130-180 for the little toggle headlight rotation switch ..?????...
When I asked why I was told GM used the same dimmer switch in every one of their vehicles but only The Corvette used the rotation switch... simple supply side economics... LOL
The sping BTW works... been years since any of my sharks showed signs of the Hot Start problem (knock on plastic) Hope you can find one.. I can not visually tell the difference between the stock and light weight spring nor can I feel any difference when compressing one in my hand... it used to be in the parts catalog under spring group two...2.108 but someone told me it was discontinued...
Bob G.

The headlight rotation switch is a real rip-off. While the unit was only used in the Corvette, the switch itself, if I remember right, was used in many models of '60s GM cars as a POWER WINDOW SWITCH and can be found in junk yards and other places.
You take the unit apart, pull the switch out, and replace it.
Most of them are just bad contacts anyway, and can be repaired. A few literally fall apart because the insulator material the pins go through breaks up from heat and age. A crafts person can just cut new material from boards from Radio Shack or other electronics parts supply stores and rebuilt it.
For the $100 - $200 many get for these, if you have an old one, it is well worth the hassle.