How good of a deal do you think this is : 1999 Built Viper for my near stock 2006 C6 Vette ?

His Viper is a 1999 built 510 cid stroker with Paxton Supercharger with 10 k miles on it. 896 rwhp at 15 lbs boost using Methanol. Mine is a 2006 LS2 with Headers/cats/x/ 3" pipes with Blackhawk intake , 6 speed manual. both vehicles are in near mint condition. He wants my vette plus $25,000 cash . How good of a deal do you think this is ? Drawbacks to such a Viper ? Aside from your loyalty to Corvette, would YOU give this some serious consideration if you had the discretionary funds ? Thanks for your opinions.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I'd walk. Figure your car is worth 20-25K depending on condition and market. Going high 50K is what he wants you to give him for a 9 year hot rod that you don't know how badly it has been beat.

Reply to
Roy

Agreed. 50K is too much for the Viper.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

He said its been to the track 3 or 4 times , doesnt have a cage in it, and ran 9.5 seconds on just the motor with slicks. Ran 6.05 in the 8th . It may be 10 years old but its practically brand new with

10 k miles.
Reply to
ilbebauck

He said its been to the track 3 or 4 times , doesnt have a cage in it, and ran 9.5 seconds on just the motor with slicks. Ran 6.05 in the 8th . It may be 10 years old but its practically brand new with

10 k miles. _______________________________

Sounds like you already made up your mind.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Heres his Viper :

Comments ???

Reply to
ilbebauck

He said its been to the track 3 or 4 times , doesnt have a cage in it, and ran 9.5 seconds on just the motor with slicks. Ran 6.05 in the 8th . It may be 10 years old but its practically brand new with

10 k miles.

Call it whatever you want. It is a 10 year old car that has been modded, end of story. If you want to give him your car and 25 grand by all means do it. The only one that has to be happy is you.

One other thing you might want think about. If you were so sure it was a good deal, you would have already pulled the trigger. A little doubt before the purchase usually turns into a big disappointment after the deal goes down imo.

Reply to
Roy

He ask for an opinion just to tell you he's already made up his mind and how that opinion was wrong. Personally I can spend my money by making my own decisions. No need to tell people what you want to buy and what you may pay for it, or is there?

Reply to
Dad

I never said it was a good deal...I was asking if it was ; I dont pull the trigger right away on something like this -- I research it by asking for opinions first then research it some more. I have a feeling though that this Forum operates on an apriori-philosophical bias so I need to go elsewhere for a more unbiased appraisal . And now...ill give answer to Dads long awaited guff. Cya.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Disagree. A wise man seeks counsel , is careful, and researches....whereas a Fool rushes in and follows after his own folly. Once again, if ive upset you or your kinfolk in anyway in the past, I hereby apologize....

Reply to
ilbebauck

I never said it was a good deal...I was asking if it was ; I dont pull the trigger right away on something like this -- I research it by asking for opinions first then research it some more. I have a feeling though that this Forum operates on an apriori-philosophical bias so I need to go elsewhere for a more unbiased appraisal . And now...ill give answer to Dads long awaited guff. Cya.

You asked a question, it was answered, you just don't like the answer.

You couldn't recieve a more unbiased answer. I don't give a damn whether you do the deal or not.

Reply to
Roy

ooo Disagree. A wise man seeks counsel , is careful, and ooo researches....whereas a Fool rushes in and follows after his own

000 folly. Once again, if ive upset you or your kinfolk in anyway in the ooo past, I hereby apologize....

Disagree, a wise man knows when to seek counsel. Fools tend to ask questions and don't heed them.

No problem here, my family will survive, just quit wasting our oxygen.

Reply to
Dad

Dave loves to brag about how much he (over)pays for his crap

Reply to
Ken

"Clams Canino" kirjoitti viestissä:K9mdndb-h8UOOovWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

In Finland that is very low price. :)

Suttura

Follow your head and not your heart!!!!

Reply to
Mahatma Vindaloo

My head tells me my Vette plus "$15,000" (now) , and my heart skips a beat at 896 rwhp in a pristine low mileage Viper .

Reply to
ilbebauck