How long have you owned your current Corvette?

Page 3 of 3
I've had my 67 since August 1974. Paid $500 for it back then.
RON
67/435HP =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 03:53:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY-67 427/435hp) wrote:

Boy were you sharp....NOT LUCKY...just sharp...
During the 1973 Oil Crisis I remember plenty of my friends bitching about the price of gasoline and selling their cars or swapping in a small block ... Plus Southern States stopped selling & delivering gasoline to fill residential gas tanks such as I had for personal use... !@$#
Honestly I wish I had your "smarts" in 73 and 74....
But I didn't I sold my truck and purchased a Vette....a Chevette unfortunately NOT a Corvette ... Bob Griffiths 64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes ....Chevette is long gone.. lol
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY-67 427/435hp) wrote:

A new leader!
Dang - 500 bucks in '74 would equate to buying a '98 for $1,973 and change. I bought my '67 in '79 for $6000, as I recall, which would be $16,083 today for a '93. Me thinks the depreciation isn't what it used to be.
Year vs. dollar worth is a pretty fun little exercise for certain items: <http://www.minneapolisfed.org/Research/data/us/calc/?year 74&dollarAmo untP0&yearto 05&result=>
My '67 went out the door of it's Pennsylvania dealership (in '67) for just shy of $5000. Today that would be $29,132 today. This is not to say the current Corvettes are overpriced - consider all the technology, amenities and safety features of today vs. '67.
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
I've had my 59 since 92 and my 98 since 98 Charlie

I bought my 350/350 '69 coupe, new, in '69.
Charles