How many left?

I've got a guy who is looking to find out just how many '59 vettes are still out on the road. Does anyone know? Or know of a spot where I can start looking to dig this up? Hit my e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
if you have anything for me. It would be appreciated. - Bill, Corvette Express
50 states with 50 dmv's then quite a few in Canada most of the rest are in US unregistered (look in barns in the mid west ) thats where they always show up in the fantasy, right? then everywhere else in the World subtract that from production run and it leaves 33 cars no longer on this planet
is that answer dumber than the question?
I was checking the ah specs on the end line rotary gurder

Not counting the 11 in restoration and 2 that are bricked in the walls of a building there is 6123 that are drivable. How many are on the road at any one time would be a guess on my part.
--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

I haven't seen a '59 in a few years, so I can only assume it was wrecked which leaves zero.
I know there's one '58 left. (in my bro's garage)
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
Frenzy, Hard to say for sure, but, not many based on the production run ; 50's Corvettes in nice shape are a Collectors item . My friend had a 1959 when he was 17 back in 1970 -- he was the envy of every guy.

I had a 59 back around 72 not stock but nice.\My roommate had a 58 absolute cherry red white We both paid $1500 each Shoulda woulda If I coulda
kickstart

SHOULDA- Woulda if I coulda....LOL
My Bride in 1966 was driving a 55 Chevy Belair 2 Door Hardtop V8.... Nice car BUT it did use Oil... and I think oil was 59 cents a quart...(not sure...but it was cheap)
We sold that car to buy a 61 VW which was much more economical to drive ...
I mean the rent on our appartment was 85 Bucks a month ..Hamburgers at McDonalds were 15 cents each... we just could not afford to drive that "Big" 55 Chevy...
I think I was making $1.25 an hour part time and we both were going to college...full time working 2-3 parttime jobs yada yad yada
Yea I shoulda if I coulda....but I din;'t know a damn thing...(not much different then today actually)
Bob G. .
Kickstart wrote:

Here's my "shoulda woulda if I coulda" story--
In '64 I had, "put one in the hangar" and had just sold my red '61 to buy a "family car." A mathematician in our ballistics division had her '53 daily driver up for sale. Even though it was in cherry condition she had been asking 4 grand. Laughably, she said it had "collector potential." One morning she said that she might drop the price to 3 grand to move the car--she had her eye on a '65.
Who in the world would want a 10 year old white Corvette with a stinking 6 cylinder, "clatter and splash" truck engine in it? (OK Dad, no clatter, just splash-- or were they squirting oil onto the walls in '53 ?).
Remember that in the "shoulda woulda if I coulda" game, it's always, "can you top this" and remember, the last liar never stands a chance !
PJ

youse guys are just tryin to make me feel good
thanks kickstart