How to check C.E. trouble codes (Ford) sorry ;-)

The guy in the store next to mine had the check engine light come on a couple times in his van. I told him I'd see if they can be checked without a code reader like GM.
1993 Ford Aerostar Van, V6 3.0.
Question: 1) Can I jump at a terminal like GM? (if so: which points to jump?) 2) Does the check engine do three(3) code 12's (one flash then two quick flashes) before trouble code? 3) Website for the found code? If it can be done as described above?
Thanks guys.
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000007040206040905080301 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Greg, thanks so much for the info! I just didn't know if I could do a jump like with a GM. He will have to take it to get the code read. I don't want to jump through a bunch of hoops when he can spend a 15 bucks and get someone to put a reader on it :-)
Greg wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler