How to save GM and the Corvette

Page 2 of 2
I had a 69 that I bought in 94. 427 with the tripower, convertible. Sold it a few years later. Drivability sucked. Big block weighed an ungodly amount and looks were good from some angles, gaudy from other angles. Disk
brake calipers leaked. Doubled my money on that sale.
My 64 is a keeper for life, unless I trade for another midyear.
Vito

Ford already makes one of those...It's called a Crown Vic. You can buy a new crown Vic that looks 10 yrs old. And then you wonder why they don't sell cars.
My father worked as an engineer at Harvester and he used to say the greatest single expense of building a car is the sheet metal. (dies & tooling) Then you think back about the last time the golden years were at the big 3...in the 60ies. How wealthy was GM to change the sheet metal of their cars every year!!!!! Ford and Chrysler too. The 1969 Full size Chevy. Caprice, Impala, Belair, Biscayne and Kingswood estate total sales about 970,000 units.
In the 1990s a sucessful selling car at GM, the Grand Am 250,000?
It's all a matter of time until we have the wake and funeral. Prepare yourselfs
They said Harvester would never go out of business too. And the legacy airlines. Zenith and RCA and Magnet Box would never go out of business. Western Electric, Lucent. Break up of AT&T. Montgomery Wards, Marshall Field, McDonnell Douglas.
We had a 1959 Kingswood wagon. With the big horizontal fins. Excellent styling!
Vito