Indy Pace Car in 2006 race

Hi group:
In the Usenet Newsgroup:rec.autos.sport.indy, on May 29, 2006, I posted a new thread titled, "ABC coverage of 2006 Indy Race doesn't mention
Corvette Pace Car."
Please visit this posting to read my original posting and the followup comments; then if you like, post your comments....either there or here....or both.
The Indy Pace Car was one beautiful automobile with an outstanding paint job. Did GM do any alterations to the interior of the car for this event?
Regards, Al Gershen Former 1968 Vette owner Grants Pass, OR snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
quote from <<http://mph-online.com/web/prtranslated/00635
"Because the production Corvette is so racing-ready with 505 horsepower capable of 198 mph and a 0-60 mph time of 3.7 seconds, sophisticated aerodynamics, a suspension that can handle 1.01 Gs in cornering situations and large 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels that are a foot wide in the rear, the only changes made to prepare it for this year's role were the addition of strobe lights and racing safety gear."