interchange for a 1973 Vette radio

Anyone know what other late model GM radio will fit in a 73 Vette, looking for one with a CD if possible. Can't find the size of the opening or a
cross reference. Any help most appreciated.
Thanks
JMC

Hi JMC,
I just installed a new Alpine stereo system In My '77 during the Xmas Holidays. In order for the newer installations to work, I was required to cut a freaking huge rectangular hole in my console. Rather than wreck an original part, I removed the console cover and put it away in safe storage. I then ordered a replica console cover ...(Ecklers, Corvette Central etc)...then butchered away with a dremel tool till the new components fit. You can't tell that the console was not original (except for the cd player of course) and you still have the original console cover in case you want to bring it back to original condition.
Hope that was of some help......Jim

JMC, unless you have some particular reason for wanting a GM radio, I'd check out Custom Autosound. I installed one of their units in my '63 and it fit right in. No muss - No fuss! Best of all, No cutting! Here's a link:
http://www.custom-autosound.com/