Just bought a 99 FRC

Hi,
I've been lurking in this group for years and have owned an 82 for a while that's in bad shape and doesn't run. My coworker decided to buy a new black vette last week and sold me his Pewter 99 FRC on
Saturday. It's so nice to drive and look at! Spending an hour or two washing and waxing it is so much more fulfilling than cleaning my Pontiac. And after owning standard vehicles that were grossly underpowered (91 S10 w/2.8V6, 84 chevette w/1.6L) it's nice to have something with tons of power. I'll just need to somehow learn how to handle it! I also like the way it gets as good or better gas mileage as my pontiac (20mpg) or van (15mpg). Pretty cool for an engine that's almost twice as big and has more than twice the horsepower!!
Greg in Philly

On a recent trip to South Texas, the instrument panel read that I was getting 29 to 31 mpg (flat highway with cruise control) going about 65 mph (about 1600 rpms, obviously on OD) on my 2000 Vette. I recently had the fuel injectors serviced, fuel filter replaced, harmonic balancer replaced, and added a K&N filter.
For about 350 horses, that is sweet.
My 1990 Vette does about 4-6 mpgs lower.
Empty3
Congrads on the FRC... I actually looked and looked for one before I purchased my 98 Convertible...and Pewter was my color of choice to boot...!
As for Gas Millage...I drove down to Tenn. this past summer to attend the C3 Gathering in my 98... about 1100-1200 mile trip... averaged 24+ MPG for the entire trip ..and hit 31 MPG on one 400 mile straight line dash down 81 with the cruise control set at 82 MPH....
I think you will enjoy the car...
Bob G 64 72 & 98 Ragtops 76 & 79 Coupes