KoolHeat Master

Anyone have any experience with this insulated tunnel mat for C5's? Seems pricey. Is it hard to install and does it work?
http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/ps-906-137-corvette-97-04-c5-koolheat-master.aspx
Thanks, Ed
Dont waste your money on these lavish Brands ; go to www.jcwhitney.com and get the 1/2" mat insulation that has one side with aluminum foil on it. You can get a 24' or a 48' roll of it very inexpensively. Its comes 4' wide. Ive used it on several cars and it really does the trick against heat gain as well as noise reduction.

So how do you use it? Pull the carpet up and cut it to fit underneath? Does this make the carpet bulge?
Ed
Ed, The carpet will bulge a little but the reduced heat gain and noise level will be immediately noticable. What i do for the front , is, pull back the carpetting , measure, then cut exactly to the size of the space ; for the rear cargo area, the entire carpet comes out .
Home depot also sells a simular product. It comes 24" x 10' or 48" x 10'. I think the smaller roll was $12.99 I was thinking of using it for my c5 as it gets so hot it almost burns your fingers if you stick them between the seat and the tunnel.

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/ps-906-137-corvette-97-04-c5-koolheat-maste r.aspx
'for my c5 as it gets so hot it almost burns your fingers if you stick them between the seat and the tunnel.'
REPLY: Wow...youre getting some serious heat coming in if its that hot. Id see if you can insulate the tunnel area as well ; i did that on my 1970 BB Vette , both inside and underneath for the tunnel area, and i cant feel any heat at all now.
I put one in my car when I changed the exhaust. It bolts right up to the underside of the tunnel. I don't recall paying that much. Be careful with what and how you install do- it -yourself applications.

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/ps-906-137-corvette-97-04-c5-koolheat-master.aspx