KoolHeat Master

Anyone have any experience with this insulated tunnel mat for C5's? Seems pricey. Is it hard to install and does it work?

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Spud

Dont waste your money on these lavish Brands ; go to

and get the 1/2" mat insulation that has one side with aluminum foil on it. You can get a 24' or a 48' roll of it very inexpensively. Its comes

4' wide. Ive used it on several cars and it really does the trick against heat gain as well as noise reduction.
Reply to
dave

So how do you use it? Pull the carpet up and cut it to fit underneath? Does this make the carpet bulge?

Ed

Reply to
Spud

Ed, The carpet will bulge a little but the reduced heat gain and noise level will be immediately noticable. What i do for the front , is, pull back the carpetting , measure, then cut exactly to the size of the space ; for the rear cargo area, the entire carpet comes out .

Reply to
dave

D&H Smith

'for my c5 as it gets so hot it almost burns your fingers if you stick them between the seat and the tunnel.'

REPLY: Wow...youre getting some serious heat coming in if its that hot. Id see if you can insulate the tunnel area as well ; i did that on my

1970 BB Vette , both inside and underneath for the tunnel area, and i cant feel any heat at all now.
Reply to
dave

Jeff