Kruse auction

I happened to watch just a little of the Kruse auction at Auburn yesterday, and a lady bought a 1991 ZR-1 that had 71 (not a typo) miles on it. It was for all practical purposes brand new. It had never been registered. Selling price: $35,500. I thought the owner was nuts to sell it for that, or has the collector car market fallen apart that much? For compaison, a Boss 428 Mustang, not numbers matching, sold for $47,000. What's this world coming to?

AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops, 84K miles)

Reply to
CardsFan

Back to reality

Reply to
Speaker of the Truth

My guess is the car is too new to attract collectors.

I would buy it in a heartbeat. I have always wanted a ZR-1 from that year but was concerned about replacement parts. That car is practically new, and aside from deterioration from systems not having been operated for tens of years, the car could likely be restored to operating condition.

Vito

Reply to
Uncle_vito