L98 Exhaust

Group:
Suggestions for type of mufflers for a '90 L98 Convertible? Looking for that famous idle rumble.......
Thank you! gjt

I've had 2 L98 C4s with aftermarket exhaust. First one came with a chambered exhaust of unknown origin and sounded awesome. Deep smooth rumble at idle and not too loud at full throttle. Second one was stock so I put on a pair of Flowmaster "American Thunder" mufflers (not the whole cat-back unit). It didn't sound as nice at idle and was obnoxiously loud at full throttle. At cruising speed it resonated so loudly that parts of the interior would rattle. It was cheap, though.
I'd really recommend hearing one in person before spending the cash and installing it. The Flowmaster was a real disappointment.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.