Latest Corvette Disease - cybernetic implants

Page 1 of 2
I was out in the Corvette yesterday and saw several others, especially as it became quitting time and people left work.
Out of the 6 or so I saw, one waved.
The others had been assimilated as evidenced by the cybernetic implants attaching their hand to their ear area.
I wonder if solid core copper wires with no shielding will have any jamming effect.

Tom,
I run a lot, and as I go along occasionally I keep track of how many drivers are yakking on the phone as they go by. On some days it's been as high as one in three. I really dislike the practice, but I don't really think we need a nanny law to stop people from doing it. Still, it seems particulary egregious to yak on a phone in a 'Vette, as it is a driver's car, not a transportation appliance.
AJM

keep the wave alive. This may work on the Corvette drivers but will surly fail with the suv/van drivers that have them permanently attached. The up side is the complainers that target the older drivers may finally see that it's not age but preoccupation with something else that keeps the new drivers from waving. Also to be considered is how many will buy the automatic so they have their communications hand free.
And so goes the new age. ;-)
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

RS

Tom in Missouri wrote:

I've noticed that drivers of C5's are not as well versed in the "Wave Etiquette" as earlier vintage 'Vette owners. I can usually guarantee a return wave from anyone driving a C1-3, and a 75% or better return ratio of fellow C4 drivers. Which leads me to the theory that *most* people who own/drive C5's are just plain arrogant, self centered, phony, immature a@@holes. ;-)
TomC '90ZR1 #792
Crabs wrote:

Crabs wrote:

But Tom, how do you really feel about them? <lol> I'm always ready with a wave!
That condition is aggravated by the rattling of their brain because of the shaking of the "flexible flyer" called the C4. ;-p
On the other hand all Corvette owners deserver to receive a friendly wave. That in its self does not preclude the probability that there are a few jerks in the ranks. In the 49 1/2 years of waving to and associating with Corvette owners I'm met a few of master race and others that own them to enjoy the experience. More than once I've decided to get out of Corvettes because of the master race mentalities. Then a new owner comes into the circle an it's a joy to watch them become a true Corvette enthusiast.
As for the cell phone thing I would think we need to get used to that as it will be here just as the non-waving Corvette owners will always be among us.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

met that was still driving the Pennant blue 1955 Corvette that he and his new bride bought new to go on their Honeymoon. They had just returned from a plant tour and NCM to attend a parade in their home town of Marshall Mi. on Memorial Day. A grueling 1,000 mile trip for them I'm sure at the age of 74 that they took 2 weeks to complete. They were excited about their trip and were dressed in their wedding clothes. Neat people to talk with and they shared their life's adventure easily and with pride. People like that make enduring the jerks a bit easier.
If in another 7 years I can do anything close to that I'll not even envy that.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Dad, them's fighting words. I'll meet you out behind the woodpile at 12:00 high. Bring a sandwich, we'll do lunch. Any day you want to take a ride in a 15 year old car that'll still do 175mph *all*day*long*, just let me know.

but I've never had a problem when I drive it on the street. 4 wheeling, get it? That's funny.

Every time I get behind the wheel, it's like I've never driven it before. I've still not been able to wipe the smirk off of my face.
I'll be sure to keep the back end of my car polished and clean so that you'll recognize a ZR1. It's the only view you'll ever get.
Here's my wave... ////
TomC '90 ZR1 #792

woman drive it that can get a little speed out of it. If not I'll bring my 6 cylinder Mustang along for the light work.

never admit knowing you.

Turn your 4 way flashers on so I don't hit it as I pass by at a speed you'll never see in your Even-rude. Is it true that you're required to wear a life preserver when you drive a ZR1?

Enjoy your ride, we should all love the one we drive as much as you do, (except Ric).
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

Over 90% of my waves are returned from any Corvette. Car vintage seems to not be a factor. The failures seem to be more age (sub-GenX) related regardless of car vintage. I think the marque is alive and well and the youngsters will mature and gain 'wave responsibility.' Some of our youngsters may be regarding their 'vette as just a material status symbol.
I recently drove a friend's Cayenne for a couple of days and 'flicked' several 911s and 944s.. Got no returns. Perhaps, those folk might not feel that the Cayenne is a legitimate member of the marque. DRLs may also be a factor there.
Gotta hit the road and get to work as the sun now approacheth the yardarm.
--
PJ
89 HookerCar, 02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
PJ wrote:

Yes, and the fact that they were brought up thinking that any contact with strangers is a bad thing and they may be abducted. It's sad when you see how the younger group has largely lost the ability to effectively and outwardly communicate.
It's darn hard to see someone in any Corvette wave at you when their windows are rolled up. But, I do and I look at everyone I see to see if they wave. My experience has been that most do if they see you.
Dave Wavin' in WI
RicSeyler wrote:

That's interesting Ric because my experience has been largely the same from behind the wheel of my '63. C6 & C5 owners and to a lesser extent C4 owners give me the impression that they are waiting to see if I give them the wave first.

Ric, are you running a stock engine in your C4?

??? What? Are you letting Dad drive it? <lol>

WHAT!!!???? Don't they understand the hierarchy of waving?
Newer waves to older first as sign of respect.
Lower horse to higher first as sign of respect.
Everyone waves to big blocks first as sign of respect.
In my '79, I wave first to everyone. well, expect maybe a '75, but then it is older.
Tom in Missouri wrote:

That makes sense to me Tom, but there seem to be a lot of people who don't know the unspoken word! <lol>

I automatically wave at all Vettes regardless of year. Some return it, but some younger drivers in C5's & 6's don't seem to get it.
Years ago, I saw a much more detailed list. It had things like Green waves first to red, but red waves first to blue because red were so common, etc.
Then things like 300 hp wave to fuellies first, t-tops first to convertibles, etc.
The worse thing I have found about waving is the angle of the C5s and C6s tend to make the drivers invisible and it is hard to see if they are waving or not. Many are, I've found, but it is hard to tell.
Blonde with a phone implanted in her ear, forget it. She thinks the world revolves around her.

Tom in Missouri wrote:

If she nails the throttle with that phone in her ear the world WILL revolve around her.