Legit Pricing

Just wondering where you could go for a ballpark figure on pricing out an '87? This one is cherry with just over 18,000, all the paperwork including the newspaper ads fromt the dealer for the "for sale" and "sold" editions. Garage kept. All shopwork in order, of course, stock everywhere. Just had new tires and all the hoses, filters, fluids, and anything that can be changed--changed. Bluebook doesn't even recognize this kind of low milage. I've looked at ebay for similars but that's a crap shoot. Any help?

Reply to
bluec4

Id check in the latest Hemmings Book under your year and see if you can find one with low mileage. That should give you some idea ; other than that, Corvette Fever magazine usually publishes ballpark prices once per year.

Dave

Reply to
dave

You didn't really say what kind of Vette So I looked up this one.

Sport/Convertible

1987 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2D Hatchback High Retail = $9,550.00

NADA

values. see link below.
has a length of 95 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 24 characters:
g'luck

Reply to
'Key

It's a coupe, auto with all the trimmings. I've been looking at a few sites today and find anything from 25,000 miles at $24,000 for comp car to this one to as little as 103,000 miles at $8000. I"ll check out your links. Thanks your time and response. Good week to you.

Reply to
bluec4

sounds like your selling. You can ask anything $ the market will respond with the going rate ................. sooner or later anyway

Reply to
Kickstart

A friend of mine asked me to look up the selling price for a mint like new

1987 Vette coupe.( about 5,000 act miles)..the high book price was around $10,000...he said OK I don't want to screw around I 'll.go for that...talked to the seller ( a much older gentleman with now bad eyesight )....my friend hoped for a $8,000..price range....the seller said I need to sell because of my failing eyesight so I will be willing to let the Vette go for a rock bottom price of $25,000...so you can see it's real crap shoot on pricing...( my friend didn't buy it )
Reply to
grayfox

That's just it. Had a house once with an in ground pool. Good selling point if you find buyers that want a pool. I have a buyer but he, like me, am not sure of a good price for us both. I've seen low mileage c4s like this one go for $16,000 to $22,000 on the internet. I've seen cars look less than this one at shows and they sold for more. I think it's a little like insureance. If you're just looking at cold value, it's in the low range but for someone that appreciates what they're getting, it's a higher value. We'll see and thanks to all the had input.

Reply to
bluec4

good for you're friend...

NADA / High / $11,750

'Key

Reply to
Charlie Funk

Two dead giveaways that someone sniffed too much glue in their earlier years -

  1. Eyesight starts to fail
  2. Brain turns to mush
Reply to
Charlie Funk

And if the OP will contact his friend, tell him you know where he can get a '91 coupe with new tires for $10,000. Call me.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Funk

"Charlie Funk" wrote in message news:dqlrv0$l1g$ snipped-for-privacy@news.valueweb.com...

hey, I never sniffed glue and my Eyesight failed at 40 and at 50 I developed a case of CRS :-)

g'day

Reply to
'Key

hmmm? RicSeyler reply January 18, 2006 12:44 PM (Message is no longer available on the server) was pulled from the server in less than a hour.

wonder why ?

Reply to
'Key

Wonder why??? Well I'll tell you!

I was trouble shooting a SMTP server issue and I posted a test to this thread and I came back and canceled the post after I saw it went through....

Sheesh 'Key........

'Key wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

Now there's a gross generalization. Bets on this guy's eyesight not what it was a few years back and brains start turning to mush at a very early age, glue or no glue.

Reply to
bluec4

Yep. There are two sure signs of aging. The first is that your memory begins to wane. And then your memory starts to wane.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Funk

*LOL* And I can't remember the other two!
Reply to
Cool Jet

How come you got 2 and I only have one? Where did I put that? Are any of them the same as mine?

Reply to
Dad

well ? guess that answers that ! :-)

Reply to