LF Info on 71 distributor

Gents, Hope someone can point me to the right information. I have a 71 350/270HP coupe and the previous owner replaced the distributor, but with the wrong one, as I need the one with the tach-drive.

I am looking for info on the right distributor with the part number, as I went through the whole assembly manual, and there is nothing listed for the distributor.

Thanks jjjslj

Reply to
jjjoseph

Part number is 1112050, imprinted on an aluminum band around the distributor shaft housing below the cap; the part number denotes the settings (distributor curve as determined by weights & springs, vacuum advance unit, etc) moreso than the distributor body, so it's possible to use a (pre-HEI non-transistorized) tach drive distributor from another year and have it properly set up to your engine's specs by a competent shop.

Reply to
WayneC

Thanks for the info, I appreciate this. Now, on to find the right one.

jjjslj.

Reply to
jjjoseph

Hey JJJ...guess you should invest in a the Corvette ":Black Book" which does list the part number that Wayne posted...

You may also want to spend 10 bucks and become a regular member of the C3 registry

lots of info on the C3 vettes PLUS lots of knowledgeable members who are always willing to help... I got so much info I wrote e check to become a lifetime member...never regretted that one single bit..

Bob G.

64 72 & 98 Verts 76 & 79 Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.

Thanks Bob G. I will follow-up on the recommendation as I am finding other things that don't appear to the right part. But I guess it only really matters to the degree that I drive it and show it off once in a while.

Much appreciated jjjslj

Reply to
jjjoseph