Looking for a 63 block.

I am looking for a 1963 Corvette block with a date stamp anywhere from March 25th through April 10th.

I think youll be very lucky just to get ANY 1963 block., let alone within 2 weeks.
Thanks for the reply...I am usually lucky...
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:14:41 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) wrote:

David, I have a '63 Roadster that I pulled my original engine out of about 4 years ago and dropped in a ZZ4 crate engine. My buddies were running B.B. Chevies and I wanted more H.P. to keep up to them. I kept the original #'s match engine, just in case I ever decided to sell the car or convert it back to original. But frankly, I'm having too much fun with the ZZ4, so I might consider selling the 327. Just prior to dropping the ZZ4 into it, I had the original 327 completely rebuilt with a steel crank and flat top pistons and topped it off with a rebuilt Carter WCFB. The engine was a strong runner. My 327 is the 250 H.P. (RC) version. The engine is sitting in my garage on a new engine stand.I know that my car was a June/63 build, but I don't recall how to determine the build date of the engine. Is there a stamping somewhere that I should be looking for?
Thanks for the reply. There is a date code stamped on the rear right side (top) for the engine. Your car having been built in June would have an engine with too late of a date code. The block I am looking for is late March Cxx3 or early April = Dx3. Thanks

Does that sound right?
StingRay wrote:

That is correct....

Hey, StingRay, try this: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3000/matchnos.html
About halfway down you will find a diagram of an engine block.
I also have a friend looking. Let me know what your date code is and also what all the numbers on the stamp pad in front are.

Thanks for the link Tom! I've bookmarked it. As mentioned in another post, my date code is E163 and the numbers on the front pad are my partial V.I.N. # and F0521RC. Let me know if your friend is interested. Thanks again. StingRay