Looking for defroster vent cover for 82

Hello,
I'm in the middle of restoring an '82 Corvette. We're about half way through the dash. I've not been able to find out what the center defroster vents are supposed to be covered with
and none of my pictures from other cars show this detail. Corvette America and Ecklers don't appear to list such an item.
Thanks in advance,
David
Add pictures here
✖

why would you cover your "center defroster vents" ?
--
'Key
=====

Add pictures here
✖

Most cars have a grillwork to direct the airflow. Since I don't have a comparable era car to look at I thought the group might have an idea.
Are you implying that the dash simply covers the ductwork and there is no grill to prevent something from falling in?
Add pictures here
✖
Looks like it's just a slit with diverters molded in. Pictures in the link below. If you are interested, you could join and ask the guy that disassembled the dash and took the pictures.
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t ‰033
Eagle wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Are you talking about the plastic insert fin in the vent to direct the air? here is a pic...
http://www.corvettejunk.com/PartImages2/dcp_3245.jpg
--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

That's the part I'm searching for. I'll look up their site and see what they have. I should get a web site set up for anyone that wants to see a frame on restoration of a 1982 Corvette. I've got more pictures than I know what to do with.
Thank you,
David
Add pictures here
✖

my bad, I thought you wanted to cover the entire "center defroster vents". my 84 defroster vents are protected.
I need more coffee :-) g'day to ya
--
'Key
=====

Add pictures here
✖
Dr. Rebuild..... !
They sell just about every small part you will ever need... I love their Catalog... newsprint paper...no glossy pictures, no t-shirts,hats, or other CRAP...just parts and great illustrations...
The part that" I think" you are referring to is lasted as costing $18.25
Bob G. 64 72 & 98 Convertibles 76 & 79 Coupes

✖