Loose Mirrors

I have owned Corvettes for decades, including the C5,C6, and C7, and have not seen this issue before in any car:
The outside mirrors on both driver and passenger door will not hold
their position when either a door is slammed shut or when a significant pothole or bump in the road is encountered.
My dealer provided very little help. They first made the (ridiculous) assumption that the memory position logic was randomly switching the mirrors from Driver 1 to Driver 2, blaming it possibly on some bad electronics they would need to troubleshoot and diagnose.
When I demonstrated that the mirrors shifted when the doors were slammed, they replied that this was "typical" and therefore not fixable. Had there been another C7 around I would have asked to see them show the same issue on another C7, but mine was the only one on the lot or in the shop.
Mine is a very early production C7, one of the first to be sold, so perhaps this was an early bug, but I am wondering if anybody here has run into a problem of this type?
On one of my prior Corvettes, the C5, I did have to remove and replace a mirror, which I did personally, and that mirror had a gimbal with curved arms which suspended the actual reflective mirror, and this gimbal had some sort of linkage to the motor used to position it remotely. I assume this one works the same way, but may have too little friction in the gimbal or linkage, but this is purely a guess on my part.
Anybody have any opinions or suggestions? Thanks very much!

Sorry to hear of your problem. Never smart to buy the first year of anything and never smart to buy anything from GM. Chevrolet dealers are morons and crooks. Find a good independent Vette repair shop.
Next time buy a BMW 6 series.

I have bought a half dozen Corvettes in their first model year, usually in their very first shipment. My experience over 26 GM cars purchased over 50+ years, and especially in the last 2 decades has been truly very favorable. I love their Corvettes and have real pride in American engineering, being a retired American engineer.
Thanks for your assistance and "words of wisdom".

This is a better site to answer your question. www.corvetteactioncenter.com
Vito
On 5/11/2015 12:11 AM, unclevito wrote:

Smarty wrote:

What happens when you try to reset them from memory? If they do return to their memorized positions then I would suspect faulty electronics, but if they don't I would suspect something wrong with the drive motors and/or gears and I would argue that GM should replace both mirrors for you.
It's a bit odd that it happens to both mirrors and not just one...something's sure fishy, IMO. It's like the drive motors are dropping their holding torque. I know that neither my '08 C6 Z06 or '87 C4 exhibit anything like this.
--
- Rufus

On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 11:17:41 PM UTC-4, Smarty wrote:

Nope, mirrors are just as stable on the '15 C7 as they were on C5 and the C6. The '64 is getting a bit loose but it's still and original. I can stand some pocks and poor adjustments stability for the price they want for new one.

Put in some red loctite. That will firm them up and that is what I do with my 64.