Lost 1989 Corvette Wheel Lock Key

Can anyone help? I lost (or some repair place permanently borrowed from me) the wheel lock key for my 1989 Corvette. Does anyone have any suggestions.
I bought a wheel lock removal kit by Sunex Tools, but none of the sockets fit the center cap locks. HELP HELP !!
Thanks, Scott

SKW wrote:

Ouch, about 10 years ago I 'lost' a lug nut locking wrench for a Trans-AM & had all of the locking nuts cracked off. A year later, I found the wrench, duct-taped to the spare tire wheel. Search the car for the key and look under the carpets for a "key registration document." If this was a McGard system the registration number will help you order a new lock key.
The '89 lock key part number is "Corvette 13049" but the insert on mine isn't marked with a code. Dealers might have some cross reference between a McGard ID number and the VIN -- worth a try.
The lock key pattern resembles those used by McGard--who made most of the lug nut lock wrenches for OEM alloys on GM cars during the '80s and '90s. You might check their web site or call their 1-800 number. If they didn't do the '89 'vette cover lock bolts & keys they might know who made them.
<< http://www.mcgard.com/custserv/ordering_info.asp (This page includes examples of McGard ID registration documents that come with new cars.)
If all this fails, talk with a dental tech. It's probable that an precise impression of the lock bolt head could be used to make a wrench. Hard material, like that used to make dental partials might work. Pray that the bolt threads aren't corroded and that they back out easily.
PJ
"" wrote: > Can anyone help? I lost (or some repair place permanently > borrowed from me) > the wheel lock key for my 1989 Corvette. Does anyone have any > suggestions. > I bought a wheel lock removal kit by Sunex Tools, but none of > the sockets > fit the center cap locks. HELP HELP !! > > Thanks, Scott > > --
Scott, I just bought a 1988 without a wheel lock key. Did you find a way to get yours off? If so could you share that with me please? Thanks Dick
Dick357 wrote:

The original dealer might have the registration number. If so, get reorder info from McGard << http://www.mcgard.com/default2.asp .
If that fails, have a dental tech make an impression of the lock face and produce a "wrench" out of the metal they use for dental "partials."
PJ

Snap-On and other tool makers has sockets you hammer on that will remove them. Out of necessity most tire shops have them.
Al
Al