LSx into 85 vette

I have owned an 85 Vette since it was new. It' time for a redo. I would like to make an engine swap to an LS1 or LS6. I have access to GM crate engines
and parts at dealer cost. Can it be done without major hassle? Where can I go for in depth info? Any suggestions appreciated.
Do a yahoo/google/dogpile search..also look for the Corvette Forum..much really good data there..unlike this site....where every thinks they are an expert.
grayfox wrote:

PLONK!
Asshole.

If I read this right you're saying grayfix is an expert asshole? Inquiring minds want to know. Hard to read his sentence but if he knows what he's saying that's all that counts.
Dad 1996 Braun Razor Undated pencil sharpener
Dad wrote:

Dad, if I read his post correctly, Crabs actually said that Gayfox is an expert Plonk asshole. In the Gay (Fox) community, I'm almost certain that I recall Ric saying that the catcher is called the Plonk asshole! Har, Har! Har! How does Ric know these things? He must be well read.
Cool Jet 1910 Rickshaw Late 50's inner tube
No, I believe greyfux was explaining how he was an expert at knowing nothing.
Dad wrote:

I sent my previous post because I need some guidance, not to start a flame war.

You didn't start a flame war, but the information you are looking for gets more complex that I would expect to see someone write out in the group.
First off the LS1 Corvette LS1, bell housing, torque tube, and transaxle are sort of a one piece unit. You will have to break them apart and use just the engine attached to a Camaro/Firebird bell housing and transmission. You will then need to hookup the LS1 to its proper computer. Not a big deal but a substantial job at best for the average enthusiast.
Dad wrote:
<snip>

Dad:
Actually I was acknowledging his graduate degree from the Max Plonk Institute fur Gravitationsphysic in advanced black hole theory. His work on reverse black holes, where in decaying organic matter extrudes from rips in the space time continuum is cutting edge. He makes it look so easy, that it's uncanny.
TomC 1971 Honda Trail 70 (wanted the 90, but couldn't handle the power)
TOMR2C wrote:

Tom:
Where you need to go for the most accurate information on LS1s is here: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums / This site is the holy grail for LS1 owners, these guys know it all. If it ain't in here, it probably doesn't exist.
SuperChevy is a good source for the kind of things you're going to need to make the swap. Here's a link to a product guide. http://superchevy.com/technical/engines_drivetrain/0505sc_guide/index.html
Bottom line, yes it's possible to put a LS1 into a '85 'Vette. Mechanically it does not look altogether that difficult, and there's obviously enough room, after all, a v8 lived in there before. It will require quite a few electronics mods. It'll need it's own engine management system. Getting your 'digital dash' to work properly will certainly be a big bag 'o fun, but more than likely do-able. You will almost certainly need to make changes to the front suspension. The LS1 is considerably lighter, therefore the handling characteristics will be markedly different.
Good luck!
TomC '52 Union Metal wheeled Roller Skates with shiny key Slighty rusted Radio Flyer wagon with original paint 1920 Western Bell windup telephone
p.s., I apologize for my adverse reaction to a certain Mr. Fox. That guy just rubs me wrong. Axle Rose said it best when he said "Every Rose Has A Thorn", in the digital world it's "Every Newsgroup has a Troll"
Thanks Crabs: Appeciate the info. Glad there is someone out there with some knowledge and willing to share it. I'm new to this group and it's obvious there are a lot of guys with to much time on there hands. I believe I will unsubscribe from this one. No need to reply. Thanks again. Bye the way, a few years ago I built a 33 Ford with a big block Chevy, Accel digital fuel injection, and an 85 vette instrument cluster. Everything worked on that project, so I believe I can handle this one. Just was doing a little research. Tom

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020404060103060607020802 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
LOLOL After getting the info you requested you take your ball and go home mad?!? Get your ass back in here and socialize a tad man. Ya ponce! :-)
Your LS swap is gonna be a right bitch to do, I've built several street rods and that LS swap is gonna take a crash course in modern electronics, and in particular GM electronics. And you better have a lathe, mill, plasma cutter, mig/tig and a whole wiring station and support gear. But people do it.
But from what you would spend you could do a World Products all aluminum Gen1 crate motor w/injection.
TOMR2C wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler