Lug Nut Torque

What is the recommended lug nut torque for '65 vette. I am running 15 x 8 wheels with 255-60 tires. TLW

On Sat, 28 May 2005 18:07:34 GMT, "tony wright"

I see nobody gave you an answer.... YET !
I torque the lug nuts to 85 to 90 pounds...BUT that is just me..
Out of curiosity I pulled the shop Manuel for my 64 out and could not find a thing, pulled out both the 76 & 79s Manuel and also struck out... Then I said heck lets take one of the cars out for a ride...and I did...!
Weird I could even find the torque figures for bleeder valves but not the lug nuts....
Bob G.

I had new tires and new American rims put on @ tire kingdom Friday they told me to retorque the lugs in 50 miles to 100 ft lbs Hope that helps ......... hope their right
kickstart

recommended torque for Corvettes is 75 foot pounds. The rest of the passenger line up is 65 foot pounds. I don't know why the difference---the studs are all 7/16" .
RON =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Ron in NY-67 427/435hp wrote:

Ron's 75 sounds like a good maximum.
Couldn't find anything for '65. Chilton also shows 75 lb-ft for early C3s. Googles:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/torque.jsp
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/InstallChecklist.pdf
http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
HTH .... Paul H.
Thanks everyone, it seems 75 lbs. is what I need to go with. TLW

=======================Well.... I guess I shoul back down on my 85 to 90.... Tomorrown morning my Torque wrech will get a post it note rubberbanded around it to remind meto use 75 pounds...Wish I could trust my memory...lol...
Damn Great weekend. 4 of the cars got out...A Cruise IN...A Show..the drag strip and the manditory...dinner out...! The 95 will find something to do tomorrow
Bob G.
Hi all, My service manual, printed by Carbooks Inc., that covers 66-79 Vettes lists 80#-ft as the torque for wheel lug nuts. I'm not sure how much difference there would be from 75#-ft.