Maybe stupid question re: cleaning a 92 LT-1

Folks...I have a 92 LT-1, 129K miles, runs great, passes smog test with flying colors, etc. Did an optispark, water pump, and radiator fan two years
ago.
I look at other same vintage cars and their engines are sparking clean. And while I'd like the same, the Optispark issue has always kept me from cleaning it off...
Am I missing something? Can it be safely cleaned? My Opti went out when I bled air from the cooling line at the front of the throttle body, and wasn't paying attention, and got some cooland drain down to the well-placed Optispark.
So anyone have any ideas for cleaning an LT-1, with the original Optispark. Didn't feel like the amount of disassembly needed to upgrade the Optispark, I was told it required pulling the camshaft.
Let me know, please.
georgec_at_dyb_dot_com
--
George J. Csahanin

Put a tight fitting plastic bag over the OptiSpark and use a rubber band on the bottom of it (??)
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 20:56:51 GMT, "George Csahanin"

Simple green sprayed on foma pump dispenser (like a detailer spray) followed by wiping down the engine with rags, followed by using water in the spray bottle ...
Thats the way I cleaned my 95 engine compartment... used to wipe down the rest of the engine compartment,_ wheel wells- radiator shrouding etc and hoses with WD40 sprayed on a rag ...
Not a bid deal once its pretty clean ..very easy to keep it clean and believe it or not it does not take much time...
Bob G. 64 72 & 98 RagTops 76 & 79 Coupes
George Csahanin wrote:

My father uses hot water, tide detergent, and a brush that looks like a large round painter's brush. The bristles are stiff but it's not a wire brush.
He starts at the top and daubs his way down. No high pressure is used, and trust me, you could eat off his engines.