Midnight Blue 64 Impala SS

Hi, Just remembering the Coolest Machines I ever had. A real 'Chic Magnet'. Yoohttp://tinyurl.com/3xssqs

here is the real clickable link. http://www.1964impalass.com /
my first car was a 63 Impala SS...
--
'Key
=====

My first new car was a 1964 Impala SS with 300 hp 327 and 4 speed, originally came with 336 rear end so had a top speed of 142 mph. Rearend had a bad spider gear and under warrantee they put in a 3.70 positraction. Loved that car. 6 months after buying I turned 21 years old. Sold it when wife and I bought a 1968 Dodge Charger. Still one of the more beautiful cars made. Also still one of the biggest POS's produced. minimal brakes and to small of a radiator for the 383. The Chevy came with the heavy duty radiator and great drum brakes, and never overheated and only when pushing the car to the max on curvy roads, did the brakes start to fade. Tax and license the cost was $3371 out the door for the SS. September of 1963.

Same car my best friend in high school had. 327 w/4-speed and NO power options whatsoever. That thing really moved for a big car. I saw him win quite a few 1/4s on the back roads with it. The speedo went to 120 and he could bury it and the car was still pulling pretty strong, so he didn't have a low backend on it. Was yours a coupe? I've always thought the '63 was better looking than the '64.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

my 63 SS Impala was a red coupe. mine only had a 327 / 4-barrel / duel exhaust, 2-speed automatic. it wasn't really that fast. those 2-speed trans were different. you could put it in low and when ya reached 60 mph, it would shift on its own.
g'day to ya
--
'Key
=====

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 08:11:58 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Funny but I never liked the looks of the '64. I liked the '62 and '65 bodies much better then and now. But if the '64 worked for you, fantastic !