Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Hi There,

I am selling, on behalf of a family member, a Mini Petrol Powered Corvette You can sit in it and it will run at about 22 mph

It has never been run or used but has been in storage for over 10 years.

It is listed on ebay and can be found using the following link

Happy bidding if you are interested and thank you in advance for looking.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Wonder why you would put that on ebay and not list shipping to the US of A. Much bigger market and would assume a much better price.

Also the assumption that it is a 1996 missed the mark by about 6 years.

Reply to
Dad

Are you right in the head? - The cost of shipping would be more than the toy is worth.

How so? - The C4 (I think - can anyone confirm it's a C4?) Corvette had a very long production span. From 1983 to 1996, ISTR.

Reply to
SteveH

there was no 1983 corvette..

Reply to
'Key

No, I'm not right in the head, I'm talking to you, ain't I? I also shipped to and from the UK on a regular basis and the "toy" as you call it is worth about $1000 used in the US. Unless they rip you off on packaging it's still a good buy at the $70us that is bid and I'd go much more. That's why it would help if the shipping cost was stated.

You need to get your head out of your ass and take a look at it. Hint, notch back and vertical gills. No 1983 Corvettes were produced. Now back in your hole

I must apologize for not paying attention and cross posting to other news groups. Never meant to bring the fools out of the woodwork.

Reply to
Dad

Nice one. Not too many people know that, and as a result, it's a good pub bet.

Bonus points for knowing why.

Reply to
Dean Dark

But it's completely wrong.

The car was produced in 1983, but sold as a 1984 model.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

So, show me a Corvette with 1983 on its title. There were none. Most of not all of the Corvettes that GM built in 1983 were crushed. Do you know why?

ExtraSuperBonusQuestion: GM in the USA recently started selling a new engine in their Impala range. The engine has a notable "first," feature, not just for GM, but for any engine maker. It's not necessarily a forward step... Anyone else know what it is?

Reply to
Dean Dark

Officially, There were no 1983 Corvettes. There were forty seven 1983 Corvettes made but none were ever sold. The National Corvette Museum has the only 1983 known at this time. The new Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY closed in October of 1982 to begin retooling for the 1984 Corvette. Production began in January of 1983 and the press received their first view of the 1984 Corvette in January of 1983. In February, the first production 1984 Corvettes were sold to the public. In March of 1983, the 1984 Corvette officially went on sale in the United States, except for California and a month later, in April, the 1984 Corvette went on sale in California. By October of 1983, the plant was in full speed production.

Trivia: Pop music singer "Prince" released the song, "Little Red Corvette".

Reply to
'Key

it can run on ethanol or petrol

Reply to
mrcheerful

forgot the reference.

'Key

Nope. Like I said, it's not necessarily (or at all) a forward step in engine development, though it is definitely a significant first.

Someone I know just bought one, and when he told be what it was I bet him there was no such thing, and I lost a dollar in the process.

Reply to
Dean Dark

So what you're saying is that there was no 1983s built, isn't that what was stated? Had to be the first time the new model was built ahead of its model year, or does that happen every year? Must be the car makers aren't doing it right, should they build 1984s and sell them in 1982? How can it be said in a manner that will make you right?

Reply to
Dad

Quite. We Brits just have the *registration* year prominently displayed on our cars, front and rear, to make us feel good and our friends and neighbours jealous.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Err. Mine are S and T. How does that make my neighbours jealous?

;-)

Reply to
Richard Polhill

You obviously need to buy two new cars. You're lowering the tone of the neighbourhood.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Dean Dark ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.notthis.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What the hell am *I* doing, then, with my fleet?

Parked outside at the house :- N (96) E (88) V (80) G (69) In garages :- X (82) M (73) pre-suffix (62)

Reply to
Adrian

damn my newest car is an L reg

Reply to
Big Mc

or mine: no reg year bikes times two B reg (first time)1964 Viva H reg trials bike (unique) K reg (first time)1972 times two Cortina and a Shilton (the only one ever made. P reg (first time)1976 Land |Rover V reg (first time) times two 1979 Ferari and Suzuki bike W reg first time 1981 Metro Y reg (first time) times two 1982 Metro and a camper C reg at the beginning times two 1985 XR4x4 and Van E reg at the beginning 1987 Van N reg at the beginning 1995 Metro P reg at the beginning 1995 Lexus

oh god, I am a pikey.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful