Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Page 1 of 7
Hi There,
I am selling, on behalf of a family member, a Mini Petrol Powered Corvette You can sit in it and it will run at about 22 mph
It has never been run or used but has been in storage for over 10 years.
It is listed on ebay and can be found using the following link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Petrol-Powered-Corvette-Go-Kart-Style-Car-7ft-Long_W0QQitemZ120055945178QQihZ002QQcategoryZ9883QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Happy bidding if you are interested and thank you in advance for looking.
Ian

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Petrol-Powered-Corvette-Go-Kart-Style-Car-7ft-Long_W0QQitemZ120055945178QQihZ002QQcategoryZ9883QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
bigger market and would assume a much better price.
Also the assumption that it is a 1996 missed the mark by about 6 years.

<snip spam>

Are you right in the head? - The cost of shipping would be more than the toy is worth.

How so? - The C4 (I think - can anyone confirm it's a C4?) Corvette had a very long production span. From 1983 to 1996, ISTR.

there was no 1983 corvette..
--
"Key"
=====

No, I'm not right in the head, I'm talking to you, ain't I? I also shipped to and from the UK on a regular basis and the "toy" as you call it is worth about $1000 used in the US. Unless they rip you off on packaging it's still a good buy at the $70us that is bid and I'd go much more. That's why it would help if the shipping cost was stated. http://www.metropartsmarket.com/catalogs/image_minicar_1_62931.html

You need to get your head out of your ass and take a look at it. Hint, notch back and vertical gills. No 1983 Corvettes were produced. Now back in your hole
I must apologize for not paying attention and cross posting to other news groups. Never meant to bring the fools out of the woodwork.

Nice one. Not too many people know that, and as a result, it's a good pub bet.
Bonus points for knowing why.

But it's completely wrong.
The car was produced in 1983, but sold as a 1984 model.
HTH.
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:23:31 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote:

So, show me a Corvette with 1983 on its title. There were none. Most of not all of the Corvettes that GM built in 1983 were crushed. Do you know why?
ExtraSuperBonusQuestion: GM in the USA recently started selling a new engine in their Impala range. The engine has a notable "first," feature, not just for GM, but for any engine maker. It's not necessarily a forward step... Anyone else know what it is?

it can run on ethanol or petrol
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:44:08 GMT, "mrcheerful

Nope. Like I said, it's not necessarily (or at all) a forward step in engine development, though it is definitely a significant first.
Someone I know just bought one, and when he told be what it was I bet him there was no such thing, and I lost a dollar in the process.
Dean Dark wrote:

What was it then? ..and don't say displacement on demand.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030903050408050803010603 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Dean Dark wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Just looked it up - the variable displacement motor was not only in the V8-6-4 but is also a feature of the Dodge Hemi since 2004, on the Mercedes V-12 in the 1990's, and on more recent Hondas. Of note is that some manufacturers turn off entire banks of cylinders and others turn off opposing cylinders.

wrote in message

<cross-posting trimmed>
Are you saying the cylinders do not operate at all, or that no fuel is fed into them and so they do not combust?
AJM
CardsFan wrote:

You have to refer that to Dad. I don't have a clue how they do it. If they just shut off fuel; then what would happen on the exhaust stroke? Is it possible it stops the function of the valves themself?
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from
Dean Dark wrote:

Hmmm, can't see anything on the website other than the active fuel management stuff which shuts down unneeded cylinders but that's not new.
Gonna give us a clue?
Tim
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:16:06 -0000, "Tim Downie"

Variable valve timing.
...on a pushrod engine.
Fourth paragraph here: http://www.automedia.com/2006/Chevrolet/Impala/rts20051001ci/1 /
Dean Dark ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.notthis.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Somebody's still making pushrod lumps...? FFS!

Yep. Even GM's top of the line LS7 Corvette motor is a 16 valve pushrod. Mind you, it does crank out 505 hp and 475 ft/lb of torque.
Dean Dark wrote:

Now that is a nice engine, pushrods or not.
Mmmmm.