Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Page 2 of 7

Officially, There were no 1983 Corvettes. There were forty seven 1983 Corvettes made but none were ever sold. The National Corvette Museum has the only 1983 known at this time. The new Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY closed in October of 1982 to begin retooling for the 1984 Corvette. Production began in January of 1983 and the press received their first view of the 1984 Corvette in January of 1983. In February, the first production 1984 Corvettes were sold to the public. In March of 1983, the 1984 Corvette officially went on sale in the United States, except for California and a month later, in April, the 1984 Corvette went on sale in California. By October of 1983, the plant was in full speed production.
Trivia: Pop music singer "Prince" released the song, "Little Red Corvette".
--
"Key"
=====

forgot the reference. http://tinyurl.com/y2k9hn
--
"Key"
=====

So what you're saying is that there was no 1983s built, isn't that what was stated? Had to be the first time the new model was built ahead of its model year, or does that happen every year? Must be the car makers aren't doing it right, should they build 1984s and sell them in 1982? How can it be said in a manner that will make you right?
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 06:18:48 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote:

Quite. We Brits just have the *registration* year prominently displayed on our cars, front and rear, to make us feel good and our friends and neighbours jealous.
Dean Dark wrote:

Err. Mine are S and T. How does that make my neighbours jealous?
;-)
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:18:47 +0000, Richard Polhill

You obviously need to buy two new cars. You're lowering the tone of the neighbourhood.
Dean Dark ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.notthis.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What the hell am *I* doing, then, with my fleet?
Parked outside at the house :- N (96) E (88) V (80) G (69) In garages :- X (82) M (73) pre-suffix (62)
damn my newest car is an L reg
gurgled happily, sounding much

gurgled happily, sounding much

or mine: no reg year bikes times two B reg (first time)1964 Viva H reg trials bike (unique) K reg (first time)1972 times two Cortina and a Shilton (the only one ever made. P reg (first time)1976 Land |Rover V reg (first time) times two 1979 Ferari and Suzuki bike W reg first time 1981 Metro Y reg (first time) times two 1982 Metro and a camper C reg at the beginning times two 1985 XR4x4 and Van E reg at the beginning 1987 Van N reg at the beginning 1995 Metro P reg at the beginning 1995 Lexus
oh god, I am a pikey.
Mrcheerful
mrcheerful. ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed. Illegal plates. Very naughty...
P started Aug '96.
gurgled happily, sounding much like

mis-type, it is actually a 1997 (just) When it came to me it had a L reg on the front and a p on the back, the guy had taken off his vanity plates from one end only!!! the land rover is the best: it is an historic vehicle as it was built in 1972, but was not registered till 1976
mrcheerful
Sorry for the cross post, but this registration thing really seems wacky.
It isn't in order according to the years that have been posted.
Letter - Sequence Year - Posted Years
F - 67 - G - 68 - 69 H - 69 - - I - 70 - - J - 71 - - K - 72 - - L - 73 - - M - 74 - 73 N - 75 - - O - 76 - - P - 77 - - 76 Q - 78 - - R - 79 - - S - 80 - - T - 81 - - U - 82 - - V - 83 - 80 W - 84 - - 81 X - 85 - 82 Y - 86 - - 82 Z - 87 - - A - 88 - - B - 89 - - C - 90 - - 85 D - 91 - - E - 92 - - 87 F - 93 - - G - 94 - - H - 95 - -
You will notice there is a discrepancy in the M, V, W, X, and W tags. I was there in '82 so I know that X should be an '82.Most likely I and O are not issued, as confusion with numbers. But that still leaves big holes in P through V. Also, I had an M-reg and it was registered 19/07/74, so how is M a '73? I also had an H-reg and it was build in '69 and registered in '69, so it wasn't a '70.
gurgled happily, sounding much

gurgled happily, sounding much

The years originally started at january the first but got changed at about d reg to august.
so most of the letters have a possible two year date.
Without looking things up I can't remember every year of every car I own.
They did miss out I, Z, and O, Q is only used on undateable oddball stuff.
originally the letter was at the end, then at the beginning.
When at the beginning there is further confusion as the later letters changed every 6 months.
AAAAAARGHH
too many possibles
mrcheerful
Tom in Missouri ( snipped-for-privacy@spam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The letter changed (for the most part) on the 1st August...
A-suffix (ABC123A) came in on 1/1/63, and continued through to 31/12/63 E was a short one - 1/1/67 to 31/7/67, and F started the 1st August dates.
I,O,Q,U,Z weren't issued.
It turned around to A-prefix on 1/8/84, and continued through until they moved to a twice-yearly system with T on 1/3/99. Since then, it's been 1/3 and 1/9 as the change dates.
After Y-prefix, it moved to the current scheme - AB51CDE - where the two digits tell you when it was registered. 51 was the first, starting on 1/9/01, then 02 started 1/3/02, 52, 03, 53, 04 - take the two digit year for a summer plate, add 50 for a winter plate. That'll see us through to 2049...
Q-prefix was (and still is) issued, but to vehicles of indeterminate age - kitcars, write-offs rebuilt using a second hand shell, etc.
Adrian wrote:

Because the E suffix ran for less than a year, I think the A prefix actually started from 1/8/83.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Or you could say that S reg was the first of the 6-monthly prefixes - obviously not quite, but it certainly didn't last a year.

Aye, there's nothing like proper future-proofing.
--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

A wasn't a full year. The scheme didn't start till 1/2/63.
--
Roger Chapman

Roger wrote:

A and B were only used in Middlesex so I believe , E was the short year from 1 Jan to the 31st of August. Now we can all start a heated discussion on the letter sequences , for example JA and DB are often given as Greater Manchester, but were actually allocated to Stockport Cheshire. Of course theres also the Nortern Ireland numbers that use all the letters like I and Z that we didnt use on the mainland. steve the grease
(SteveH)

Me too, mine are 54 for the car and 05 for the bike. I feel a right pikey.
--
Dan
Formerly DanTXD
SteveH wrote:

PFFFFFFTTTTTT Co'mon man that was a lame attempt to save face. Find a Vette title that states it's an '83.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler