Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Page 4 of 7

Um - nobody's arguing that at all. If you think they are, then you've missed the point rather well.
clive
Clive George wrote:

With all due respect, I am calling *bullshit* on this: From the thread:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from

Which is 100% true over here.

You'd be wrong. HTH.

Talking about the title - ie the V5. Yes, that's entirely correct. Note that's not your concept of 'model year'.

I'll concede slight carelessness on Adrian's part there. He wasn't actually saying Registration date = model year, he was saying registration date year on title - which was what the rest of the relevant message is referring to.
ie

is easy, contrary to what you have been arguing.
Just think, if you'd not been so obsessed about model year that you completely missed the original point, you wouldn't have had to go through all this argument...
clive
Clive George wrote:

I can do one better. I can put you in my killfile and write you off as a moron who doesn't know that American cars in America fall into a category called "model year". See - problem solved. Don't forget to get in the last word - don't let my not being able to see it slow you down in the least.

'La, la, la, I'm not listening'
Bury your head in the sand, that's the usual Yank way of dealing with stuff they don't understand or agree with.

Only if they can't find a way to bankrupt it, bribe it, invade it, blow it up or otherwise destabilise and take it over...

Now that I can agree with, we took up some of the traits from jolly old England and sadly they were not all good.
I do have a problem when one limey says we bury our heads in the sand and the next one says we have our fingers in everything? Would that suggest that you both go both ways?

Um - everybody who's been arguing with you knows that. Seems like you still don't understand the point being made.

There goes a very sore loser...
clive
Snappo ( snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, good-oh.
Does that mean I can write you off as a 'merkin who has no clue that the US is not the entire civilised world?
(Whether it's even a part of it or not depends on your point of view...)
Adrian wrote:

I know my view...
..anyway, I think we *all* knew about model years in the US from the start. It was the USians failing to understand that the US isn't the whole world that took time... strange, that.
snip

I love it, we were talking about and American automobile that is assigned a model year by the manufacture and then changed by a system that meets a government's need to tax.
Sort of like a baby being born and then has the birthday as the date he was adopted.
The system seems to work in the states, and the English system works for the surfs in their shriveling empire. What more could you ask for? Get over the fact that we're not the same in as many ways that we are. Why do you people hate so much, is it the boot marks on you ass the makes you strike out at people?
Sad to be English but glad to be German/Irish with a little Crow Indian thrown in to keep the English traits in check.
In

Boot marks on our "ass"?
That's rich from a resident of a country that has *never* won a war without help. You didn't even get independance without help from the French.

I'm always amused by the way that residents of Merkinland will harp on about how great Merkania is, throw bits of US Edition Revisionist History about, then proudly state that they're descended from the Irish.
My garden wall is older than your nation, and has quite probably won more wars.
--
Pete M - Using the Scouse Side of the Force -
<space vacant>

The irony is rather delicious, isn't it?

I don't even have an ass. Don't get me wrong - I like Donkeys, and really enjoyed a visit to the sanctuary down in the SW the other year, but I just don't have anywhere to keep one.

Y'know what they say - The UK - where 200 miles is a long way. The US - where 200 years is a long time.

Hard to tell which end that is? How many countries, (colonies), have you been kicked out of?

Re-read what I said, no mention of us doing anything autonomously and most assuredly we are what the English made us, thank you. Remember, we can't do anything ourselves. Let me know which war you won by yourself, was it the war on dental plaque?

Actually I never said anything about America being anything, see how bitter you are? Also never said I was proud of being Irish just glad to see another English woman screwed by an Irishman.

And I'm sure it's gathering intelligence at the same rate you are, which should improve with more age by your analogy.

Dad can you give me some insight on these codes? Do I have a computer going bad? or just alot of problems? codes that were pulled
B0432 B2588 B2593 B2597 B2721 B2723 B0503 B0508
--
ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:08:02 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote:

Wow! This thread can't be far away from a Godwin now.
It's been entertaining.
Adrian wrote:

You know it seems we actually agree on all these points, especially your last.
Why did you say that "Tough, it does over here" to the argument "Registration date <> model year"?
Which was all I disagreed with in the first place.
Because GM does have an internal concept of model year, internally they (used to) refer to Vauxhall models with a model year, so there isn't an '83 Corvette for reasons already mentioned, but there will be plenty registered in '83, either '84 MY or '82 MY cars.
You see it does seem to make sense for manufacturers, at least GM anyway, to batch up their non-recall changes to create a new model each year. It simplifies the marketing, advertising and merchandising if they can produce a brochure for the '94 Astra with the coming year's trim levels and specifications. You will findthat that is when the facelifts and trim updates occur. And with Vauxhall (GM) I can't remember if it was August that was the new model year - across the range - or September but it seemed to coincide more or less with the new registration years.
So my argument is that, with GM cars at least, there IS a model year, but no, I agree with you that it isn't registered as such. But that just means that you will not find a V5 that says it's an '83 in this case because the V5 doesn't include that. And if they never made an '83 model then there will never be a Title with MY'83 on it for two reasons: they never made an '83 and the MY isn't on the Title.
SteveH wrote:

Let's not dwell on recently - they didn't actually kick our asses in 1812. We beat them fair and square. Trust Uncle Cecil on this ... http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mwar1812.htm
AndrewR wrote:

So in 1814 you think we became a posession of the Crown? BWHAHAHAHAH