Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Page 7 of 7

He did, if that's me you're referring to above [1]. I've quoted it above. The words "what he said" are a clue. Specifically "he", referring to me.
[1] And if you're waiting for me to bite at your ever-so-amusing 'parody' of my screen name, I'd get quite a few drinks in.
--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:39:54 GMT, "AstraVanMan"

You mean the part where you said:

Now I *am* confused.

Hey, all vans over two years old seem pikey to me.
Oh, wait, I'd have to say "all pre-facelift Mk 3a Rover Wombattos are pikey," wouldn't I?

Yeah, 'cos everyone knows the one true parody is 'Ashtrayvanman'.

<pedant> A Historic Vehicle is one manufactured in 1972 or earlier, even if it was first registered in 1973 or later.
</pedant>
Jim
Jim Warren ( snipped-for-privacy@OMITblueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep - that's the one exception.
But it's down to you to prove it to DVLA, because they have no idea when it was built.
Adrian wrote:

That is absurd. So if you buy a 1980 vehicle (as an investment) and leave it in a garage and never registered for use on public roads; 20 years later when you change your mind and register it for the first time it becomes a 2000 vehicle? You have got to be a troll looking for a pissing war in the car groups. Nobody could be that stupid. ^K

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Although, if you can prove the year of manufacture, I believe you can apply for an age-related plate for the vehicle.
A little off topic here, for all you British guys.
Did British Telecom ever figure out how to itemize telephone bills so you knew where you were calling and when, rather than simply getting a bill that said you owe us 46? (sorry if this doesn't work, no pound symbol here)
20 years ago, that was all I'd get from them. Not a clue as to where the phone calls went, which meant my roommate was able to con me on bills for a short time when I could him calling the States at 3 am several times a week.

SteveH wrote:

There was a mint (kept in a museum from new) Cortina around on EBay a while back that had exactly that issue.
Snappo ( snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yup.
I have a 1962 VeloSolex that says on the V5 that it was first registered in 1999.
As long as it still meets the then-current standards for new vehicles, it can (and usually would) be registered as a new car. I know of several cars that were first registered several years after the end of production. Have a google for mention in the UK car groups of "Y2K RS" - a Sierra Cosworth first registered in 2000, IIRC.

What's it matter, anyway?

I remember having itemised bills sometime around 1994/5.
cheers, clive
7922 Corvettes of the shark body were produced in 1967, but no one is paying the '67 prices for them. They are model year '68.
Likewise, every model year has several thousand built in the previous calendar year.
How many businesses operate on a fiscal year?
In another part of this thread, we went on about the British Number Plates. Well, I found a good link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_car_number_plates
Go down near the bottom of the page, and you will see many begin to go August of one year to July of the next. That isn't a calendar year, either. In fact, it is very close to the model year.

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060709080905090008030107 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
HAHAHAHA!!!!
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

_____________________________________________________ " No, I'm not right in the head, I'm talking to you, ain't I? I also shipped to and from the UK on a regular basis and the "toy" as you call it is worth about $1000 used in the US. Unless they rip you off on packaging it's still a good buy at the $70us that is bid and I'd go much more. That's why it would help if the shipping cost was stated. http://www.metropartsmarket.com/catalogs/image_minicar_1_62931.html "
In response
Hi There
We didn't put the US as an option as we thought that the shipping would be prohibitive. Didn't realise the US market was as big as it was. The crate that it came in has gone and we are not sure if it is worthwhile. I am happy to open this up to US people if they cab find out about shipping costs.
Thanks for the URL for the info
Ian
Snipped BS

Sorry, with the ignorant an arrogant reply received from the cross posted sites I would never consider bidding. I have purchased through Ebay from England before and keep English currency on hand as I travel there on vacation and work.
I have 6 young grandchildren that would love to ride in a Corvette sized for them as much as they would in Gramps car. Especially since one of them has gone to see London with me and the ambiance of having come from England would be attached to the go kart. That was the only reason for my reply to the original post.
Your suggestion if someone wanted to bid by finding out the shipping cost don't cut it, it has to come from you as you hold the final package size and shipper choice. I shipped a grandfather clock back and when we were getting shipping prices the variation on shipping cost could have killed the deal, as not knowing has in this case.
No cross posting this time, why is that? Never mind.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Cross posting across partisan car groups is seldom wise. However, I apologize to a.a.c. for having stirred up a sh#t storm from uk.rec.cars.classic.
Having said that, I must add that the devil in me has enjoyed doing it. Please note that this is *not* crossposted. Let's keep it that way, m'kay?
--
Dan.

A total of 43 - 1983 model Corvettes were built, but there were so many quality problems with them it was decided to halt production until they could be corrected. By the time the problems were corrected, it was so late into the model year that the car was brought out as a 1984 model which was run for a year and a half. The 1983,s were never sold to the public and the only one that is known to still exist is in the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY
--
ZRiX