Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

So in 1814 you think we became a posession of the Crown? BWHAHAHAHAH

Reply to
Snappo

'Godwinning'. HTH.

My car was built in 1996. It could be a Mark 1 (made from 1993-1996) or a Mark 2 (made from 1996-2000) model.

It's an N-registered car.

So if it was for sale, it would be a 1996 Mk.1 Mondeo 2.0 GLS, N-reg.

1996 - year it was made. Could be N-reg or P-reg in 1996. N-reg - reg letters run August-August (or did then) so first half of 96. Mark 1 - major version number GLS - specification level 2.0 - engine size

Is that any better?

Generally, the year only matters when it gets to 3 or 4 years old, the letter only before that, and to snobs. Like model years over there.

Reply to
PC Paul

There was a mint (kept in a museum from new) Cortina around on EBay a while back that had exactly that issue.

Reply to
PC Paul

Of course. Brain fart, sorry.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Dean Dark ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.notthis.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

For US models from US manufacturers, maybe. Outside the US? No.

Non-US VINs don't have a date coded into them.

Reply to
Adrian

Tom in Missouri ( snipped-for-privacy@spam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Which is the way it's done here.

DVLA keep no manufacturing date information. The one exception is when a car is registered as a historic vehicle (free road tax), which requires a manufacturing date prior to 1/1/73. It's the owner's responsibility to prove that date, usually by writing to the manufacturer.

That's the way it works here. You find a new-unregistered MGB, you won't be able to register it as new. You can register it on an age-related plate, though, by proving the manufacture date.

Reply to
Adrian

Snappo ( snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, good-oh.

Does that mean I can write you off as a 'merkin who has no clue that the US is not the entire civilised world?

(Whether it's even a part of it or not depends on your point of view...)

Reply to
Adrian

Snappo ( snipped-for-privacy@anonymous.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yup.

I have a 1962 VeloSolex that says on the V5 that it was first registered in

1999.

As long as it still meets the then-current standards for new vehicles, it can (and usually would) be registered as a new car. I know of several cars that were first registered several years after the end of production. Have a google for mention in the UK car groups of "Y2K RS" - a Sierra Cosworth first registered in 2000, IIRC.

What's it matter, anyway?

Reply to
Adrian

Jim Warren ( snipped-for-privacy@OMITblueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep - that's the one exception.

But it's down to you to prove it to DVLA, because they have no idea when it was built.

Reply to
Adrian

I know my view...

..anyway, I think we *all* knew about model years in the US from the start. It was the USians failing to understand that the US isn't the whole world that took time... strange, that.

Reply to
PC Paul

Model years mean little in the U.K. Configuration control and the concept of interchangeable parts within model years was never understood by those folk.

Reply to
PJ

PJ ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nah, it's just that we can do it more often than once a year.

Reply to
Adrian

I love it, we were talking about and American automobile that is assigned a model year by the manufacture and then changed by a system that meets a government's need to tax.

Sort of like a baby being born and then has the birthday as the date he was adopted.

The system seems to work in the states, and the English system works for the surfs in their shriveling empire. What more could you ask for? Get over the fact that we're not the same in as many ways that we are. Why do you people hate so much, is it the boot marks on you ass the makes you strike out at people?

Sad to be English but glad to be German/Irish with a little Crow Indian thrown in to keep the English traits in check.

Reply to
Dad

In news:X7mdndDaE6_6qfbYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@bright.net, Dad wittered on forthwith;

Boot marks on our "ass"?

That's rich from a resident of a country that has *never* won a war without help. You didn't even get independance without help from the French.

I'm always amused by the way that residents of Merkinland will harp on about how great Merkania is, throw bits of US Edition Revisionist History about, then proudly state that they're descended from the Irish.

My garden wall is older than your nation, and has quite probably won more wars.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@bogoffwithzepressedmeatblueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The irony is rather delicious, isn't it?

I don't even have an ass. Don't get me wrong - I like Donkeys, and really enjoyed a visit to the sanctuary down in the SW the other year, but I just don't have anywhere to keep one.

Y'know what they say - The UK - where 200 miles is a long way. The US - where 200 years is a long time.

Reply to
Adrian

Hard to tell which end that is? How many countries, (colonies), have you been kicked out of?

Re-read what I said, no mention of us doing anything autonomously and most assuredly we are what the English made us, thank you. Remember, we can't do anything ourselves. Let me know which war you won by yourself, was it the war on dental plaque?

Actually I never said anything about America being anything, see how bitter you are? Also never said I was proud of being Irish just glad to see another English woman screwed by an Irishman.

And I'm sure it's gathering intelligence at the same rate you are, which should improve with more age by your analogy.

Reply to
Dad

Dad can you give me some insight on these codes? Do I have a computer going bad? or just alot of problems? codes that were pulled

B0432 B2588 B2593 B2597 B2721 B2723 B0503 B0508

Reply to
ZÿRiX

A and B were only used in Middlesex so I believe , E was the short year from 1 Jan to the 31st of August. Now we can all start a heated discussion on the letter sequences , for example JA and DB are often given as Greater Manchester, but were actually allocated to Stockport Cheshire. Of course theres also the Nortern Ireland numbers that use all the letters like I and Z that we didnt use on the mainland. steve the grease

Reply to
Al Gorithm