Mitsubishi Lancer EVO vs Corvette

The EVO costs FAR less than the Corvette but the results aren't a surprise to me as Corvettes are OVERPRICED and Underpowered compared to the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nt883Szpcc&mode=related&search

BFD, it did a 13 and half second quarter mile. Must have been on nitrous.

It was Sal who was (trying to) drive the Corvette. He was unable to launch without killing the motor.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops) *
* - I have personally driven it 300 mph at Bonneville, handicapping 16 various VAG products a half-mile. I passed them all before the one-mile mark, not feeling the least bit guilty about plugging their radiators with salt-spray. Considering the iron in question, I refused the pink slips, but did accept the next 16 wash and wax jobs from a pimple-faced twit named "Sal". ;-)
something wonderfully witty:

and I ain't saying how far, I had this rip snorting `72 X-Code GTO. Beast which was retro-fitted with a highly modified `71's YA-Code 455 HO SD engine factory rated @ 360hp in stock trim, and lord knows how much torque (didn't advertised #'s back then or way under reported them because of insurance).
Any how this tire-eatin, Sunoco 260 guzzling beast & I were the Cock of the walk, El Numero Uno, when a pup with a Brandie New Datsun Z starts talkin all this crap about how fast his piece of Jap Crap is. I keep tellin him, "Boy there's fast, and then there is 1/4 mile fast", at the time I was running every weekend @ DelMarVa and was pretty damn consistent.
Anyhow long story short, I finally tell him I'm not turning a Cam for anything less then a C-note and he agrees. We head out to the local (unofficial strip) and the dumb bastard dumps the clutch off the line & stalls it. I comeback to the starting line and he's still talking crap in front of a group of our friends. This time I give him two car lengths, panties drop and slicker then cat with it's ass on fire, I'm by him 2-seconds after launch. Bastard never did pay me my money.
--

"Some try to tell me, thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be, you will be in the end." -- Moody Blues

Evos are much better than Corvettes and for one thing they can actually corner unlike corvettes with stupid 2 wheel drive. That's why cars that cost half as much as a ZO6 have a faster 0-60 time because they can actually get the power to the ground because of AWD.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d060313d-85f6-4c3b-81b4-995d0081a36c.htm