Mobil One Synthetic alternative?

Page 2 of 2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020001020400060207010001 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Nice little Mobile1 plaque under the hood of my '94 ragtop.
Scubabix wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

And the text on the sticker outlines the warrenty requirements?
Try the specification is that you "MUST use oil meeting GM standard GM4718M". THAT is what is SPECIFIED, the fact that Mobil 1 meets that specification means that you MAY use it NOT that it is SPECIFIED. ANY other oil meeting said specification may also be used. SO, the statement is "GM DOESN'T specify Mobil 1." It is only missinterpreted by some folks to say that.
Scubabix wrote:

Try the specification is that you "MUST use oil meeting GM standard GM4718M". THAT is what is SPECIFIED, the fact that Mobil 1 meets that specification means that you MAY use it NOT that it is SPECIFIED. ANY other oil meeting said specification may also be used. SO, the statement is "GM DOESN'T specify Mobil 1." It is only missinterpreted by some folks to say that.
lab~rat wrote:

I guess I got told... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
I use Mobile One 5-30w or Pennzoil Platinum 5-30w, whichever is on sale. Both are GM 4718m certified.
My 92 said in the owners manual specifically they put mobil 1 in at the factory, but by the standards the others are approved. bostitch
puked: