Mobil One Synthetic alternative?

LOL Shrub-bashers??? ;-)

Reply to
RicSeyler

Bob I

And the text on the sticker outlines the warrenty requirements?

Try the specification is that you "MUST use oil meeting GM standard GM4718M". THAT is what is SPECIFIED, the fact that Mobil 1 meets that specification means that you MAY use it NOT that it is SPECIFIED. ANY other oil meeting said specification may also be used. SO, the statement is "GM DOESN'T specify Mobil 1." It is only missinterpreted by some folks to say that.

Scubabix wrote:

Reply to
Bob I

Reply to
Bob I

On Tue, 24 May 2005 19:15:11 -0500, Bob I puked:

I guess I got told...

lab~rat

I use Mobile One 5-30w or Pennzoil Platinum 5-30w, whichever is on sale. Both are GM 4718m certified.

Reply to
benf802961

My 92 said in the owners manual specifically they put mobil 1 in at the factory, but by the standards the others are approved. bostitch

Reply to
lyle