Mobile One 5/50 motor oil

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil. I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am contemplating this one.

Empty3

2000 White Coupe 1990 White Coupe
Reply to
Empty3

oil change on my 2000 and am

Reply to
L DaVinci

I use a 10w30 most of the time and have used 15w50 with no oil related problem. mobil one has a 5w30 that also shouldn't be a problem.

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

My LS-1 is sort of similar to your LS-1. Book seys:

"...Do not use other viscosity oils such as SAE 20W-50." ...Page 6-15.

Now, if all the bearing surfaces in the engine have been changed then, do it.

Reply to
PJ

'Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil (5/50 w.). I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am contemplating this one.'

REPLY: I used 20 w. 50 AMSOIL synthetic in my 1970 Vette for awhile, but it doesnt really benefit any for a street driven car. Plus, it worsens your fuel mileage . It was considerably thicker than 10 w 30 -- that i remember.

Reply to
dave

And you may not be getting adequate lubrication or cooling if the design clearances didn't take 50W into consideration.

Reply to
PJ

Thanks all. I'm sticking with 10-30

Empty3