Mobile One 5/50 motor oil

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil. I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am contemplating this one.
Empty3 2000 White Coupe
1990 White Coupe
RTFM. You souldn't put in anything thicker than 10W30.

I use a 10w30 most of the time and have used 15w50 with no oil related problem. mobil one has a 5w30 that also shouldn't be a problem.
my2
--
"Key"
=====

Empty3 wrote:

My LS-1 is sort of similar to your LS-1. Book seys:
"...Do not use other viscosity oils such as SAE 20W-50." ...Page 6-15.
Now, if all the bearing surfaces in the engine have been changed then, do it.
--
PJ
'89 auto coupe, '02 6-spd coupe

'Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using this motor oil (5/50 w.). I am due for an oil change on my 2000 and am contemplating this one.'
REPLY: I used 20 w. 50 AMSOIL synthetic in my 1970 Vette for awhile, but it doesnt really benefit any for a street driven car. Plus, it worsens your fuel mileage . It was considerably thicker than 10 w 30 -- that i remember.
dave wrote:

And you may not be getting adequate lubrication or cooling if the design clearances didn't take 50W into consideration.
--
PJ

Thanks all. I'm sticking with 10-30
Empty3