Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at the gas pump

Page 2 of 6

--
http://www.wegrokspock.net
"Bob Drake" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
"Bob Drake" ...

Sure, NOW. They should have been doing what they're doing now, at least 20 years ago.
Natalie
On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:49:35 -0700, ajeeperman wrote:

GM especially keeps missing the mark at what people want.

Can't many of these same things be said about the rulers of Saudi Arabia -our supposedly good friends? And if you are honest, didn't we do the same sort of things in Afghanistan back when it was sort of under Soviet domination?
Ed
Ed

That's an inconvenient truth. Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the Middle East. That's the country we should've invaded and placed under permanent new management.

But the government doesn't care about that. The rulers of Saudi Arabia keep the oil flowing to the US freely and that's all that matters. Saddam had signed oil contracts with China and Russia and now those contracts are VOID. People who think the Iraq war was about WMDs or Terrorism probably took the SHORT BUS to school when they were kids.

But the government doesn't care about that. The rulers of Saudi Arabia keep the oil flowing to the US freely and that's all that matters. Saddam had signed oil contracts with China and Russia and now those contracts are VOID. People who think the Iraq war was about WMDs or Terrorism probably took the SHORT BUS to school when they were kids.
====================
We could've kept the oil flowing. First two goals: Destroy the weaponry we sold them, and put the bulk of our military effort into taking their oil facilities. I'm sure Israel would've been happy to help.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090701020600070904040009 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

payback..... <I know that is very simplistic, but it sounds good :-)>
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

DId you notice that Scott McClellan's recent book says that the real reason for invading Iraq wasn't to stop WMDs or terrorism but to increase our access to oil by creating a pro-American Iraq that would counter Saudi Arabia? A couple of years ago, I mentioned that this was Dick Cheney's grand plan -- have the Shiites in Iraq liberate eastern Saudi Arabia, which is where all the Saudi oil is located and where everybody is Shiite.

It's on my list to read. I'm just about done with this: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Get that book if you want to be nauseated (further). Of course, the author can't be trusted because he's a former CIA agent and what the hell do they know, but it's still interesting.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010902060808040109080105 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

As far as motives go, doesn't a rational person have to look at what industry each (Cheney/Bush) family dynasties happened to be in?? Huh... the oil and even more importantly the OIL SERVICING Industry... Especially sine the touted "motives" didn't pan out to be true at all... <shrugs shoulders>
But regardless of the "whys", the "hows" were completely bungled on an massive scale of sheer incompetence.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Has his opinion changed at all since he wrote the pessimistic Imperial Hubris?
Former CIA analyst Larry Johnson doesn't think much of Michael Scheuer, calling him a mediocore analyst who doesn't even speak Arabic.

I haven't read his other book. In this one, the entire theme is that at least three presidents in a row have been too reserved in dealing with our real enemies. And, Bush, Inc. wants us to believe that states are the enemy when in fact, the enemy spans many countries. He seems to think we should strike the real enemy and tell states "This wasn't meant for you, but since you're not helping...".
I tend to agree.

That would mean becoming acquainted with actual facts. Don't be silly.
On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:16:30 -0700, Sal wrote:

The problem with this is they are causing us all pain, since these large vehicles increase demand. We all pay for gas used (or over used) by these things.

Not necessarily. The "blood for oil" thing never really paid off, did it?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070601090504040206030402 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
hachiroku wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:19:16 -0500, Ric Seyler wrote:

Not *QUITE* what I had in mind, but I guess if it works for 'ya... ;)
Clinton lost. Get over it.

Sal turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

troll