my first vette

Hi all, I'm about to purchase an 87 convertible.. black with grey leather. 4

  • 3 speed manual. I was wondering if any of you could give some advice on what to look for while checking it out. I am having a GM dealer check it out but would like other opinions on that model.

thanks in advance. gm

Reply to
wolfgang

================= Did you check out your local Corvette Club...? Most Clubs KNOW where to get an honest evaluation of a Corvette plus where to get work done on Corvettes that is both fairly priced and done right....

Other then that it is a normal used car checking it out is nothing special...That Transmission has a bad rep...BUT I'd take that with a grain of salt...just make sure the OD works...lol...

Lots of luck... hope you enjoy it as much as I do my corvette(S)...they can become addictive....

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G

I would put it up on a hoist and check for signs of coolant leaking around the head gaskets. I had to have both gaskets changed on my 87 stick when it only had 15k miles on it. Luckily it was still under warranty as the mechanic said it would have cost about $2000 to fix. Iron blocks and aluminum heads can be big problems. My new C6 hopefully won't have this problem as both are aluminum.

Reply to
Ron Stewart