Need advice - looking to buy a used vette

I'm looking at coming down to the LA area from Canada to purchase a

2003 or 2004 Corvette and wanted some advice on purchasing. I'm thinking buying privately, rather than a dealer, is the cheaper way to go.

Can anyone suggest good websites to purchased a used Vette privately in the U.S.?

Any recommendations on preferable years?

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Reply to
Grego

cars.com

Reply to
Big Al

Try

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3

I'm pleased with my 2002 (purchased used a year ago). You might look for a Silver Anniversary badged car (2003). Used prices have risen in SoCal about $ 5K over the last year.

For the SoCal market, check <

>. Plug in a zip code in the center of your target area and a suitable radius. (Example: Barstow, zip 92310 with a 250 mile radius would include most of the SoCal Area.)

Reply to
PJ

Why LA? That will probably be the highest priced place in the entire nation.

Reply to
Jon

I tend to agree on the price angle. If SoCal is your shopping target, look at Santa Barbara, or small isolated spots like Rancho Santa Fe. Lower mileage, fewer 1/4 mile runs and probably better care.

Reply to
PJ