Need advice - looking to buy a used vette

I'm looking at coming down to the LA area from Canada to purchase a 2003 or 2004 Corvette and wanted some advice on purchasing. I'm thinking buying privately, rather than a dealer, is the cheaper way to
go.
Can anyone suggest good websites to purchased a used Vette privately in the U.S.?
Any recommendations on preferable years?
Thanks for the help.
Greg

cars.com

Try www.corvettetrader.com,
Empty3
Grego wrote:

I'm pleased with my 2002 (purchased used a year ago). You might look for a Silver Anniversary badged car (2003). Used prices have risen in SoCal about $ 5K over the last year.
For the SoCal market, check < www.autotrader.com >. Plug in a zip code in the center of your target area and a suitable radius. (Example: Barstow, zip 92310 with a 250 mile radius would include most of the SoCal Area.)
PJ
'89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe

Grego wrote:

Why LA? That will probably be the highest priced place in the entire nation.
Jon wrote:

I tend to agree on the price angle. If SoCal is your shopping target, look at Santa Barbara, or small isolated spots like Rancho Santa Fe. Lower mileage, fewer 1/4 mile runs and probably better care.
--
PJ