need advise on c3 radiator

hello all. i took my leeky 74's original radiator to a local shop in the chicago burbs to get fixed and he said it was beyond repair. he said he could get me a new one for $400. does anyone have any advise on what to
do or where to get a cheap replacement? she is a four speed car and the type of radiator that goes back in is of concern. thanks ted
p-nut wrote:

$400 IS cheap! You get what you pay for.
Best: http://www.dewitts.com /
Another choice: http://tinyurl.com/z5kgm
Cheapie brass radiator in this catalog: http://www.corvettedept.com/catalogpdf/c3_parts.pdf

go to your local auto parts. I just purchased a new (not rebuilt) radiator for my 84 c-4 for $170.00 I get a commercial discount but $ 400.00 still seems high.
g'luck
--
"Key"
=====

If youre going to keep the car for a long time, id pop for another $175 and get a very efficient 'Be Cool' radiator in Jegs/Summit catalogue.
there is a radiator rebuild place in nashvill tn. good prices and fast shipping good luck
Im sorry if you dont like my attitude but its the only one i have

web-tv sure doesn't display quoting very good... do you have any control of the settings ? if so ? they need attention..
my2
--
"Key"
=====

that is from my sig box..i can delete it if i choose to wheni post