Need help 74 corvette

I need info on 1974 ,I just picked it up to day? thanks .

Reply to
bbcbbt9

It's green and needs new tires. Burns a little oil and has a tear in the driver's seat. Or, I looked at the wrong car in my crystal ball.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Well so do any of us who might be able to help you? What is its configuration, and exactly what information do you need?

One of the easiest ways to find out about your car and get any help you may need with dealing with it is to join (or at least attend) your local Corvette owners club. Many of them met is Chevy dealerships and I suspect that someone at your local one could point you in the right direction.

Reply to
Zombywoof

What kind of info..etc? If you have 10 bucks I'd highly recommend that you join the C3 Registry

... absolutely the best site that I use to get info AND HELP fixing/repairing or modifying my C3's ...very knowledgeable guys and gals who are very helpful in answering questions and giving advice etc...

Bob G.

64 72 & 98 Convertibles 76 & 79 Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.

Or he could try

, sorry, couldn't resist. ;->

How's the spring/summer treating you Bob?

Reply to
Dad

================================================= Its been a real Bummer.... Have not been behind the wheel of any vehicle since late January .. Reaction to an antibiotic !!! (and me a Retired Pharmacist geese) Anyhow Neurologist says I should be able to "feel" the clutch/brake/ and gas pedals in 6 to 12 months and its almost 6 months now.. !!!!!

I'm getting my thrills driving the lawn tractor ..who needs feet for that !

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

The bad part of that is when the second half of that is over so is summer. I think I could scare up a bunch of drivers to come dust out those Corvettes for you. On the other hand think of the gas you're saving.

Last fall when I broke my right leg I figured I'd lose some drive time but luck was with me and the cast was off in 6 weeks. Hang in there, some times things get better just as fast as they go bad.

Reply to
Dad

I extend sympathy and best wishes, Bob.

What leg bone broke? I thought casts were almost not used anymore. When my right hip/femur broke in '97 an orthopedist put in a bunch of metal (not a hjp replacement though) and I was on crutches for six weeks. Another six weeks of rehab and I was back to running again. Never any cast. Amazing (and expensive - thank heaven for insurance). Of course I have to get "wanded" most of the time at airports now, which is a royal pain.

AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

Tip off the right fibula, boot allowed to much movement (twist, that's how I broke it) so they put a small skeletal fiberglass cast on the ankle and then the boot, which was very awkward. Took it off as soon as I got home and worked on things that didn't require walking. Kept the leg from degrading by riding the stationary bike kinda club footed. My son has a occupational therapy company and he was pretty strict with what he wanted me to do. Not a major break and I was walking on his OK long before he said it should have been healed. My age is against me but my bones seem to be better than most a third my age. We had a bone density test 2 years before because I still shoot big bore hand guns and wanted to make sure I wasn't in danger of breaking my wrist.

Reply to
Dad