New 06 C6's for sale !!!!

Anyone lookin for a new Corvette I have them in stock . Please get a hold of me toll free 1-888-460-6910 this Matt Hardin

Reply to
mhardin1369

You and every other Chevrolet dealer has them in stock. A quick search shows about 100 on the lot including 2, Z06s within 100 miles. Those are there because they haven't found a sucker to pay over MSRP for them yet. It's time to get real dealers, the C6 is selling slower than the C5 did and that was bad enough for a new generation. The C6 is not a new generation, just a tweaked C5, get over it.

Reply to
Dad

Have you drove the C6 don't tell me its ( just a tweaked C5 ) sells are strong . I know there is a lot of C6's out there but im just posting this for the Vette drivers looking for a great deal on one . or any other new Chevy . If you would like some who wants to earn your business please give me a call . Matt Hardin toll free 1-888-460-6910

Reply to
mhardin1369

And how much above MSRP are these vette's selling for? if it $0.01 above MSRP they are not woth it..............

Reply to
ZÿRiX

A dealer close to me wants 20K over MSRP for a 06 Z06. He will have it for a long time at that price and I understand that they haven't had any serious bites on it yet.

Like dad said, it is time for the dealers to get real.

Reply to
Bill Gander

Obviously I'm not going to tell you anything if you can't read. I have and have had a C6 for over a year. It don't sit in the garage as it has 14,000 miles on it. About the same miles I put on the '04 Commemorative Edition I had after I had a '98 with 40,000+ on it, that preceded the '92 that had close to 100,000 miles.

I'll say it again for you, the C6 is a tweaked C5, meaning it has a different skin, wheel base changed, so they could make the crossbreed Cadillac, threw in some unwanted electrical gadgets and the extra 50 horses that were there in 1997. There was more changes than that through the life of the C3 and it was only one generation.

Throw a price out there for us and state how much you'll take off sticker, like $4,000 would be a good starter.

By the way, your writing skills suck.

Reply to
Dad

By the way this toad stool has stuck his pathetic little add on a number of auto sites. Sells, (should be sales), must really be strong in Oklahoma, ha, ha, ha!!! They only have 2 coupes, a red and a blue, both automatics and one is a Sally Rand. I wonder what the RED TAG price is??

Reply to
Dad

Wow guys I didnt know you disliked the C6 that much . I am sorry I did not mean to start a fight . Yes I only have 2 Vettes in stock at the moment I've sold 4 in the last 3 weeks. I have 9 hitting the ground in December . 5k over MSRP to order a Z06 I have two orders left . Folks I am just extending these cars out to the peolpe who love them and drive them like you . I am not out to over price anyone , tell me what you think is fair and I will see what I can do . Does that sound fair ?

Reply to
mhardin1369

Wow guys I didnt know you disliked the C6 that much . I am sorry I did not mean to start a fight . Yes I only have 2 Vettes in stock at the moment I've sold 4 in the last 3 weeks. I have 9 hitting the ground in December . 5k over MSRP to order a Z06 I have two orders left . Folks I am just extending these cars out to the peolpe who love them and drive them like you . I am not out to over price anyone , tell me what you think is fair and I will see what I can do . Does that sound fair ?

Reply to
mhardin1369

Wow! Dad, you really shouldn't be talking about writing skills. Men in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. ;-). Your response is rife with poor grammar. "It don't sit in the garage..." should read "It doesn't sit in the garage...".

You should seldom, if ever, start a sentence with a preposition. The above sentence is very poorly structured and should actually have been 2 or 3 separate sentences. I would suggest that it would have been better grammar, if set out like this:

"I put approximately the same mileage on the '04 Commemorative Edition which I owned previously. I owned a '98 with 40,000 miles on it, prior to that. I also owned a '92 with close to 100,000 miles on it, before that."

That is perhaps the worst excuse for a sentence that I have ever witnessed! It is very poorly structured and should also have been 2 or

3 separate sentences. But I'll let you figure it out this time.

"There was..." should actually read "There were...".

This should have been 2 separate sentences.

This is akin to "the pot calling the kettle black"!!! Dad, I agree with you that this guy isn't welcome in this NewsGroup with his unsavoury sales tactics, but you are hardly the one to criticize his "writing skills".

Reply to
Grayfox
5k below MSRP....Thats what I want and think is fair....

Anything above MSRP is a rip off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
ZÿRiX

I wholeheartedly agree. Prices above MSRP are an out-and-out ripoff. Any dealer should be ashamed of themselves if they ask for something above MSRP. It is completely within reason to expect at least a 5% Discount below MSRP, if not 10%.

Reply to
StingRay

Now where did you get that? Nobody said they disliked the C6. I did say it is a tweaked C5 and since I've had both and know what they are that will always be my opinion. I like the sale you had that was good until midnight tonight. That's rich.

Get one of those Z06s black with red interior with everything but the Onstar and I'll give you $55,000 for it. Actually comes out $52,640 but I've got the Christmas spirit right now. Let me know when it comes in so I can pick it up.

Dad

Reply to
Dad

Hello Matt,

First, some basic Usenet lessons: 1) Lurk and get the feel of the group before you speak. If you don't understand "lurk," check it out in Google. If that's too difficult, here's a link: 2) Read what has been written--I just reviewed this thread and didn't see any "dislike" for the C6, honest criticism from knowledgeable owners yes, dislike, no. 3) When you lurk a group, learn a little about who's who before you decide to challenge someone's observation. You chose to take offense with one of the most if not the most respected resource in this newsgroup. You goofed. Accept it!

Second, the folks who post here are dedicated Corvette owners and enthusiasts. They are abreast of the market and know the score. You'll note that there are few ads posted here, perhaps one or two each month. They are welcome only when they represent something unique. Your post was inappropriate in that it failed that criteria. While this is a public resource, we all respect it and ask that others do likewise. There is no hesitance on the part of readers in this group to transmit reports of abuse to ISPs and we do this about once each week. Monica Dean has occasionally posted here when she has an offering price that is well below MSRP and represents an honest effort to clear stock. When you have something exceptional offer it. Offering to start an arm wrestle (i.e. "tell me what you think is fair") -- is in no way "exceptional." Buy an ad from Google or, since you are a Yahoo member, buy one there.

Third, we recently completed a comprehensive thread that addressed the future of GM. Contained therein was a criticism of marketing and merchandising at all levels of the organization including Chevy dealerships. Your arrogance (and inference that "everyone else is doing this") was what I witnessed at a local dealer last month. That experience led me to buy an used C5 (w/17K miles) from a private party. I now have $28K more in my checkbook than I had planned. The sales arrogance of asking $3K for dealer supplied options (worth easily $200 maybe $250) was so disgusting that I left the sales manager's office--he was really more interested in moving SUVs and trucks than selling me a C6. I left him to his chore.

We all want the marque to succeed. We want the dealers to make an honest profit and stay in business. We do not appreciate a rip-off that insults our intelligence. This group does not have sufficient space to support MSRP or >MSRP advertising from each Corvette dealer in the U.S.

Please leave. When you have something to contribute I think these fine folks will welcome you back.

...PJ

Reply to
PJ

Asking us to pay above MSRP is just not good business if you want repeat Corvette folks coming around.

Asking us to pay above MSRP to debug a new model is worse. If the C6 is anthing like the C5, I'll wait at least 3 years before buying one. It's your business right to get the most for your product, but you wont get it from the informed buyers around here.

Bob

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote:

Reply to
Yahoo

I am top posting because I just want to say quickly and loud

VERY WELL SAID PJ

Reply to
ZÿRiX

Remember now, before the internet English Majors were just nerds.......... LOLOL Now a days you can bust out your skills from time to time without the girls giggling.

FWIW I understood what Dad meant and what he was talk

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
RicSeyler

I agree! The only situation would be if an employee or owner already had dibs on one and the customer had to "outbid" the employee/dealership owner for the purchase..

I can't say it should be against the law but I don't like it that's for sure. LOL With something as expensive as that I'd think all it would take is a dealer in each region NE, NW, SE, SW to advertise MSRP and all the other dealers would be pressured into MSRP. I'd drive/fly 500 miles to save

5 Grand or more :-)

StingRay wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

If he was offering MSRP or less would I think it would be a good thing for him to post here. (when others offering MSRP are a rare situation)

But being a "let's see just how much we can milk out of the supply & demand..... naaaaaaa :-)

PJ wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler