New Driving Laws in Florida

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ibsys/20050409/lo_wjxt/2662803
Don't know if you have seen this, but a nice idea for a new law. Get the
lane blockers out of the way. -- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- I know I used to get tired of such problems, following someone who had simply gotten lonely and pulled up next to the other guy, both doing the same speed or about 10 mph slower than the flow of traffic.
puked:

I just came back from a two hour drive up and down I95 and someone needs to do a better job getting the word out... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
LOLOLOL
lab~rat wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

That's not a good practice for overtaking a vehicle in the left lane. If you're behind someone in the left lane, you beep then try to pass on the right, they will often pull over right as you are trying to pass.
--
Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
Hey, it's the law. I was "required" to do it. (What do I need, a giant smiley face here?)
I remember a few of us where I worked at the time going out honking when we passed like "required" by law just for grins. Obviously a law not set in modern day driving. Can you imagine a typical multilane urban highway with normal commuter traffic and people honking as required by law? We'd all go deaf from all the noise.

LOL I remember that was on the driving tests when I was in High School in the early 70's. Toot the horn twice to pass. Now a Days you would have people flipping you off or pointing their Glocks at you!!!
Tom in Missouri wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

I really think there should be two horns on the car. One cute and one aggressive. I haven't gotten around to it yet but I bought a factory original horn from the Plymouth Road Runner. It sounds just like the Roadrunner cartoon character. I would think that a little Beep Beep would get the job done without inducing road rage. In Europe they flash their lights.
--
Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
On Fri, 6 May 2005 01:17:24 GMT, "Stephen Horrillo"

In addition to those two horns, there should also be a photon torpedo or something for those REALLY dense drivers... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
A friend related this story to me once:
A friend of mine used to work for a fence company. Typical south Florida white 1 ton flatbeds were what they used like everyone else. He was riding with another guy and some idiot in a Firebird is hogging the left lane so the driver begins to get right on his tail. Firebird idiot begins the brake light flashing but the truck doesn't move from getting closer. So the Firebird does the typical 1 second brake lock to scare him, but the truck driver is not the ordinary driver - he hits him. And hits him again. Finally knocks him off on the shoulder and keeps on going, both drivers saluting with the international gesture of brotherhood.
My friend is going nuts, expects the cops any second, and so on. The driver says, "Hey, there must be 1 million beat up white 1 ton flatbeds here in South Florida. How are they going to find me?"

One of the things I really loved about Monaco was that you could get a ticket for blowing your horn.
--
Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.

There is a "Slow Poke" law in MO. It says you can be ticketed for causing traffic backups by going less than the posted speed on 2 lane highways. For multi-lane, it is failure to yield to faster traffic/improper lane usage, no speed specs. I have never seen it enforced tho.
Marty
They get too hemmed up in front a flash of wig-wag gets them to move. Be careful don't get caught with these. My biggest peeve is someone who passes then pulls in front of you with no traffic behind them, only to slow down. Jeez I've only had the cruise set at 72 for 280 miles!
Bush

What they should do is forget about the slo-pokes and start ticketing all those jerks who are more worried about phone calls than driving!!!!

And watching tv, changing diapers, putting on makeup, inserting feminine products, etc... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?