New floor jack time.

After over thirty years, it looks like my Hein-Werner O'Boy ton and a quarter floor jack is on its last legs. It's leaking fluid even when it isn't under load, and it looks like there's no source for rebuild kits. (Yes, I've tightened down the packing nut).

This time around I want to go with more capacity as the old jack always felt marginal lifting the front end of either the Pathfinder or the 'vette. Probably a three ton, maybe a two ton. Definitely Aluminum, unless there's something negative to that (other than price). It's got to be able to get under the 'vette, and the old jack was always a bit fiddly about that. It would go, but you had to get it just right. It needed 4" of clearance, which seems pretty typical of today's jacks, so they would be fiddly too.

Any suggestions?

Chuck Tribolet snipped-for-privacy@garlic.com

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

floor jack is on its last legs.

source for rebuild kits.

marginal lifting the front end of

fiddly about that. It would go,

pretty typical of today's jacks,

Reply to
LDaVinci

Costco has a 3 ton aluminum floor jack for $139.95 (DC metro area). I have their 2 ton unit and it works well.

Tom

Reply to
tomit