New floor jack time.

After over thirty years, it looks like my Hein-Werner O'Boy ton and a quarter floor jack is on its last legs. It's leaking fluid even when it isn't under load, and it looks like there's no
source for rebuild kits. (Yes, I've tightened down the packing nut).
This time around I want to go with more capacity as the old jack always felt marginal lifting the front end of either the Pathfinder or the 'vette. Probably a three ton, maybe a two ton. Definitely Aluminum, unless there's something negative to that (other than price). It's got to be able to get under the 'vette, and the old jack was always a bit fiddly about that. It would go, but you had to get it just right. It needed 4" of clearance, which seems pretty typical of today's jacks, so they would be fiddly too.
Any suggestions?
Chuck Tribolet snipped-for-privacy@garlic.com
I have the AC Hydraulics DK20 for my C5 Vette. I've been really happy with it. It may not have the capacity and reach you need for a Pathfinder. They do have other models that should work. I know others that like the AFF jacks. Check out: http://www.asedeals.com/auto_shop_jacks.html
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:31:01 -0700, "Chuck Tribolet"

Costco has a 3 ton aluminum floor jack for $139.95 (DC metro area). I have their 2 ton unit and it works well.
Tom