New navigation DVD

Hi There,

My Chevrolet dealer told me that Chevrolet is working on a new DVD for the useless present navigation system on the 2005 Corvette.

John Leahy

Reply to
John Leahy

Useless how, please? Mine works rather better than other NAV systems I've had in cars.

Most manufacturers update their NAV databases about annually, typically in the fall to coincide with new model introductions.

-- Vandervecken

John Leahy wrote:

Reply to
Vandervecken

Reply to
Bob I

Bob -

I believe the gentleman is referring to the navigation database DVD that the system uses. These are updated, typically annually, as the road net changes and the software is improved.

-- Vandervecken

Bob I wrote:

Reply to
Vandervecken

Reply to
Bob I

probably drives a vw.....errrr...i mean a Porshe

Reply to
Steve Rader

I don't own a C6, but I would imaginge it's the same DVD database my Escalade has. Not wonderful. Many times, I have trouble getting it to find roads that begin with "West" or "North" etc.

GM should take a look at Toyota's Nav system. It's the nicest one out there. (IMHO)

-Stan

Reply to
sbright

Reply to
RicSeyler

I have a C6 and I think the Nav system works just great...........it beats the hell out of using a map.......... (IMHO)

Reply to
TRello

Reply to
TRello

Well.......it's a good thing I don't give 2 craps about your humble opinion! LOL Lexus want's $950 for my buddies new NAV CD. And I think that's expensive.

TRello wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

Hell you bitch about the cost of a Starbucks coupon, Jeezus dude you shouldn't consider owning a Vette! pffffffftttttt

------------------------------------------------------------------------ (Trello wrote 4/24/05) This is bullshit, you have to sign up and PAY for other crap........ Pe>>Claim your FREE Starbucks Giftcard

TRello wrote:

Ric Seyler Online Racing: RicSeyler GPL Handicap 6.35 snipped-for-privacy@SPAMgulf.net

?SPAM- from email address--------------------------------------"Homer no function beer well without."- H.J. Simpson

Reply to
RicSeyler

H'm - your friend's Lexus dealer is being a little opportunistic. List price for the update (at least on my '01 LS 430) is $500. You can buy them discounted for about $280 - try Sewell Lexus' parts website.

-- Vandervecken Black C6 droptop

RicSeyler wrote:

Reply to
Vandervecken

LOL :-)

Vandervecken wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

Hmmm, I'll stop grumbling about the annual bill for mama's OnStar nav service. .... Paul H.

RicSeyler wrote:

Reply to
Paul H.

Then I guess IMHO he shouldn't own a Lexus............ if your gonna play then you have to pay........... Runnin with the big boys is expensive!!!!

Reply to
TRello