New navigation DVD

Hi There,
    My Chevrolet dealer told me that Chevrolet is working on a new DVD for the useless present navigation system on the 2005 Corvette.
John Leahy
Useless how, please? Mine works rather better than other NAV systems I've had in cars.
Most manufacturers update their NAV databases about annually, typically in the fall to coincide with new model introductions.
-- Vandervecken
John Leahy wrote:

Would that be a "training DVD"? Been my experience that the operator is the limiting factor when it comes to technology and the public.
John Leahy wrote:

Bob -
I believe the gentleman is referring to the navigation database DVD that the system uses. These are updated, typically annually, as the road net changes and the software is improved.
-- Vandervecken
Bob I wrote:

Since this is the 3rd model year that the DVD system has been available from GM, I'll have to count that "gentleman" in the troll category based on the way he phrased the statement.
Vandervecken wrote:

probably drives a vw.....errrr...i mean a Porshe

I don't own a C6, but I would imaginge it's the same DVD database my Escalade has. Not wonderful. Many times, I have trouble getting it to find roads that begin with "West" or "North" etc.
GM should take a look at Toyota's Nav system. It's the nicest one out there. (IMHO)
-Stan

And usually expensive as hell!
Vandervecken wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Expensive............??? If you think it's expensive, then IMHO you have no business owning or considering owning a VETTE...........

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060003060408050502070305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Well.......it's a good thing I don't give 2 craps about your humble opinion! LOL Lexus want's $950 for my buddies new NAV CD. And I think that's expensive.
TRello wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

LOL :-)
Vandervecken wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

Then I guess IMHO he shouldn't own a Lexus............ if your gonna play then you have to pay........... Runnin with the big boys is expensive!!!!

Hell you bitch about the cost of a Starbucks coupon, Jeezus dude you shouldn't consider owning a Vette! pffffffftttttt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ (Trello wrote 4/24/05) This is bullshit, you have to sign up and PAY for other crap........ People who post this SHIT shoud be shot!!!
On 27 Mar 2005 20:26:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

TRello wrote:

Ric Seyler Online Racing: RicSeyler GPL Handicap 6.35 snipped-for-privacy@SPAMgulf.net http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler remove SPAM- from email address -------------------------------------- "Homer no function beer well without." - H.J. Simpson